Waders!!! Again!!!

W
waco
seems that my waders are leaking from the back of my heel area and my toes!!! there are Kavik outdoors!!! so is this normal that waders leak after 5 months of fishing or i just got a bad brand? can i fix them or need to buy new ones?? this are my 1st waders so idk whats the deal!!!

C
capblack
if they are neoprenes, they can be fixed. dont know about breathables

H
halibuthitman
Aqua seal.... they sell it at fishermans and cabellas-

W
waco
halibuthitman said:
Aqua seal.... they sell it at fishermans and cabellas-
Thank you HH!!!! I will check it out!!!

GraphiteZen
GraphiteZen
What you do is you turn them inside out and fill the feet with water. Get a black permanent marker and make a reasonable circle around where the water spots form. Dry out your waders and work the glue into the circled material. Bingo.

After that, don't walk around without your boots on. Not even to put them on. Do not let them touch the ground, and you wont have to patch often.

W
waco
GraphiteZen said:
What you do is you turn them inside out and fill the feet with water. Get a black permanent marker and make a reasonable circle around where the water spots form. Dry out your waders and work the glue into the circled material. Bingo.

After that, don't walk around without your boots on. Not even to put them on. Do not let them touch the ground, and you wont have to patch often.
Thank you GZ i will do that!!! You know the funny thing is that i never walk with out boots i never let my waders to touch the ground but looks like im getting some sand inside of my boots idk if this is making the leaks!!!

GraphiteZen
GraphiteZen
Probably little bits of gravel. Make sure they are empty when you put them on and strap them down tight!

Or you could stop catching steelies on a fly rod. That would probably do it too. ;)

Last edited:
W
waco
GraphiteZen said:
Probably little bits of gravel. Make sure they are empty when you put them on and strap them down tight!

Or you could stop catching steelies on a fly rod. That would probably do it too. ;)
mmmm :think: nope!!!