WA guide movin to Corvallis lookin for fishin buddies and waters

M
muskieguide
Hey all. I will not be guiding down there, but I am lookin for some fishin buddies and anything that bends a rod. Is there any steelhead near Corvallis?

S
steelhead_stalkers
No, there are no steelhead in the Alsea or fall Chinook! Welcome, I think you will like the area for both steelhead and salmon. :D

M
muskieguide
Is there anywhere round Corvallis to catch salmon or steelies???

S
steelhead_stalkers
I was joking. You are about a half hour from great fishing plus the Siletz is close. Check out Google maps and do some research! :D

A
autofisher
muskieguide said:
Hey all. I will not be guiding down there, but I am lookin for some fishin buddies and anything that bends a rod. Is there any steelhead near Corvallis?

Welcome aboard! You have a ton of fishable waters in the area. It all just depends on how far you want to drive. Glad to have ya and hope to see a ton of fish pics. (We love those if you couldn't tell)

S
steelheadstalker31
Corvallis is close to the South Santiam which gets a run of springers, also summer and winter steelhead. The Alsea has had a few bad runs of winter steelhead, but hopefully this year it will be back to some good numbers. The tidewater of the Alsea is good for fall chinook and is one of the best places to crab. Right now the Mckenzie and Upper Willamette are producing quite a few springers and summer steel. I've never fished the Siletz, but I see a lot of pictures of nice fish that are caught there. If you are going to a particular river, I'm sure someone will give you a good place to start.

H
halibuthitman
on some of those rivers, you might want to bring your own rock from corvallis! are there muskies around corvallis?

M
muskieguide
Thanks guys. I really appreciate all the info. There are no muskies or pike in Oregon. Hopefully someday they will change that. If Any of you want to hook up and fish starting next month, I'm all in.