Winter steelhead near Dallas

brandon4455
brandon4455
so for my first winter steel trip im trying to get somwhere close (most likely a willy trib) is there anywhere thats within 30 minutes of dallas i can possibly land a few? i know of the i-5 bridge on the santiam but i forgot how to get there.. thanks,

brandon

Last edited:
C
capblack
from salem take i5 south, take the offramp into the restop before you get to albany and from there you can get under the bridge. Brian

S
SantiamDrifter
Or you could head west 40 mintues and hit the coast. But if you want to stay local, try in independence.

S
sbrooks
The salmon has a late but decent run of mainly natives but there are some hatchery. Go to three rivers. I saw that you wrote about the miami and the Kilchis, would you be able to tell me where there is some public access for fishing?

brandon4455
brandon4455
sbrooks said:
The salmon has a late but decent run of mainly natives but there are some hatchery. Go to three rivers. I saw that you wrote about the miami and the Kilchis, would you be able to tell me where there is some public access for fishing?

i would but,ive only been to miami once and like my post said i slept the whole way there. sorry to disapoint you :/

brandon4455
brandon4455
capblack said:
from salem take i5 south, take the offramp into the restop before you get to albany and from there you can get under the bridge. Brian

thank you brian i appriciate it

brandon

brandon4455
brandon4455
SantiamDrifter said:
Or you could head west 40 mintues and hit the coast. But if you want to stay local, try in independence.

my dad caught his first steelhead at the social security hole with his grandpa when hes was a teenager Lol but the problem is, i was hoping to focus on bobber tactics more then plunking.. i guess i could give it a try a few times. ill need to pick up some spin glo's though