Visitor in April

randymcman

Hello all from he other pond. I will be traveling out from Charleston, SC 04/09-04/13. Looking for a couple good guides, recommendations on what to fish for, about anything I can learn about the line stretching in this part of the country.

Thanks for anything!

Aervax

That time of year my first choice for a sure thing great time fishing would be catch and release sturgeon on the Columbia River. You should get multiple fish in the 6 foot plus range. My favorite sturgeon guide is Bill Gaither out of Oregon City. He fishes the Columbia and Willamette rivers. Tides and solunar tables are ideal for a great fishing outing that Sat or Sun. Find him here Columbia River Fishing or call him 503-519-7972.

randymcman

Thanks to everyone for the replies.

Going to be out on thrusday and friday. What are some good things to see and places to eat. Looking for more of the locals type of things.

randymcman

Update on visit.

Wow you guys take the whole keep Portland weird seriously...

Saturday we made it out on the Columbia with Captain Darryl Jones looking for some salmon. Yea really just a no go. Darryl called me early in week to let me know things were not in good shape from the recent weather. We pushed to go and he offered to cut the rates if we just had a catch-less day. We did, and we got a good soaking for our trouble. Great guy, had some laughs, would go again in a minute. Thanks Darryl.
Contact Darryl @ oregoncitycharters@yahoo.com

Sunday, out to the Willamette looking for some sturgeon. Met up with Captain Bill Gaither, and off we went. Set up and bang, fish on. Steady all day hook ups. Bill kept things moving and changed up so the bite kept coming. Can not say enough good things about it, broke a line off, tangled twice that were just nasty and Bill never changed his smile. Good weather makes for a good day. Look forward to coming back and having some more laughs. Thanks Bill.
Contact Bill @ 503-519-7972 NW Hawhunters

Thanks to everyone who responded, great group and a fun part of the country.
Small 20190414_095337.jpg
Small 20190414_120317.jpg
Small 20190414_100618.jpg

troutdude

What a great report! I was about to hit you up--to see how it turned out. Darryl was quite concerned about the Salmon getting shut down, by the torrential rain. But I'm glad that you got into those prehistoric monsters, from NW Hawg Hunters.

Hawg Hunters site link: Columbia River Fishing