Video ???

B

bigdog

So I'm wanting to know what video programs everyone is using to edit there videos? You know adding music and cutting things out and all that good stuff to make a good video?
I need to know what programs and where to get them so I can start working on some videos. Thank you
CJ

B

bigdog

I use Dvd creator I downloaded it for free.

Is that one where you can edit the video like select what parts of the video you want to have in it and add a song like you are trying to make a music video kind of thing?

My son uses roxio. My nephew uses las vegas video. I've never used either one nor any video program.
Same qeustion and also you say you never used a video program so does that mean you can do it with out one or your just have never done anything with videos?

CJ

Last edited:
Z

zarboth

i use windows movie maker verry simple

T

troutmasta

Is that one where you can edit the video like select what parts of the video you want to have in it and add a song like you are trying to make a music video kind of thing?

Same qeustion and also you say you never used a video program so does that mean you can do it with out one or your just have never done anything with videos?

CJ
I know you can edit files, convert to different formats, and add music tracks. I use it to burn dvds. NTI Media Maker is another one that is real easy to use. You can add video add pics and music. It also has special effects. that came stock with my windows vista. hope that helps.

B

bigdog

I'm going to have to try looking around and see what this windows7 comes with. I'm sure it came with something at least I hope it would.
Thank you for the help and if anyone else has more programs for me to take a look at please let me know.

CJ

F

Fishtopher

Windows DVD Maker on my edition of Windows 7. Havent messed with it yet.
Used whatever stock program that came with my Vista to make that little music video thing I did a while back.

M

metalfisher76

`nother 1 for movie maker. But it came with my vista so.......

B

bigdog

`nother 1 for movie maker. But it came with my vista so.......

Nother1 ??? I did a search for Nother 1 online and can't find anything. I have seen the videos you make so would like to be able to use the same program you used. I would hope windows7 would have solmething the same seeings how it is the newer windows.

M

metalfisher76

Nother1 ??? I did a search for Nother 1 online and can't find anything. I have seen the videos you make so would like to be able to use the same program you used. I would hope windows7 would have solmething the same seeings how it is the newer windows.

haha, sorry bud. What I meant was another vote for Movie Maker!

T

troutmasta

Y.

I think he meant another vote for movie maker.

F

fishnquest

I have never edited a video. I probably don't have the patience to mess with it. I also have movie maker, came with windows vista. Since vista is so clunky, i don't trust anything that came with it.

B

bigdog

:lol: looking like that seems to be the one that most prefer so I will have to do some checking and see if I got it on here or if I can find it somewhere. Thank you all and if anyone has any others that they think are good post them up. Thank you

CJ

G

gordo

Hey bigdog,
I just got a camera that shoots video and am looking for the same type of software. My camera came with MediaImpressions from Arcsoft, and I think it kinda sucks. I used Movie Maker for something I'm working on, and I have Windows XP. I think in Vista or 7 they deliver basically the same thing, but it might be renamed to something different.. Media Maker, or something like that.

I had trouble finding it on my pc (there wasn't anything in my Start menu), but I finally found it under C:\Program Files\Movie Maker. The executable for mine was called moviemk.exe. I suspect yours will be similar.

I also think Movie Maker kinda sucks, but it will do what you are asking it... you can add music, splice clips, etc etc etc. The effects are kind of weak, the performance I found to be pretty terrible, but hey, it works for the right price.

If you want anything fancier, you're gonna pay for it. That's what I have seen, anyway. But definitely start with Movie Maker... it's about as simple a program as they come. It is definitely on your pc... it comes standard...

B

bigdog

Yeah going to do some looking on the PC to see what it has I would think it would have something. I found Windows DVD Maker but all it does is allow you to make a slide show with musice from pic doesn't seem to do anything with video though. I went out and got this program last week called (Movie edit pro 12) it was $20 so see what it does. Not to sure on how good it will be for $20 but I'll see and then post on here how good it is for anyone looking to get a program as well.

CJ