Video of N. Santiam at Little Sweden

B
bigfootfish
The normal routine at this spot is to climb down the face of the cliff while fighting the fish. There are just enough handholds and footholds to do this. Why climb down? The fish are generally too big to pull up to the top. Kinda hard on the fish too, especially if you have to release it:lol:

[YOUTUBE]LYQj2764bkA[/YOUTUBE]

BFF

M
Michael
The camera makes it look like your 100 feet up and the cliff looks straight down.

Or maybe that's really how it is.

B
brandon
ive fished there!...absolutely beutiful!...i also like niagra!..caught my first steelhead there :dance: bounced a slinky above 18" 6lb leader with a grasshopper i caught at the spot. :clap:

F
fishingfreak
That is a really beautiful spot the water looks great. Did you land the fish?
LA

B
bigfootfish
yeah I did...

yeah I did...

I did land that fish, but had to let it go. It was almost 19 inches and had all its fins. A "wild" trout.

BFF

A
autofisher
bigfootfish said:
I did land that fish, but had to let it go. It was almost 19 inches and had all its fins. A "wild" trout.

BFF

Those "wild" trout will run you just as tough as a steelhead though. I love it up there.

B
bigfootfish
wild?

wild?

I caught a 27 inch wild 'bow up there a couple years ago. I'm not sure if it was actually a "wild" steelhead or just a nice large "native".

BFF

B
bigfootfish
draining of Big Cliff last year...

draining of Big Cliff last year...

Last summer when they had the spillway gate malfunction at Big Cliff Dam, an unknown number of large(Big Cliff Lake has some really big trout in it)trout got washed down into the North Santiam. Now the ones that survived the Winter and didn't get caught are about 6 inches bigger than last year. There's lots of really BIG trout in the upper North now, and I ain't talkin' steelhead! YOW!!! Going after them early tomorrow.:dance:

BFF

Last edited: