Video: Huddelston Pond brooder landed

S
solution7
Please pardon the bad video editing, just started video editing and recording some of these fishing experiences and holes...

[YOUTUBE]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/dxeWEBiSos8&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/dxeWEBiSos8&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

I edited some but tried to keep it watchable...

Last edited:
T
Thuggin4Life
Is it just me or did I hear everything twice?

S
solution7
Thuggin4Life said:
Is it just me or did I hear everything twice?

The Video is 4 clips put together rather than the entire thing I just watched it again and didn't notice duplication anywhere...

S
solution7
They planted more this past Monday and as of yesterday the Pond was still Frozen. I plan on hitting it tomorrow should be thawed out. Huddleston is also scheduled to get 350 trophy size this next week as well..

ODFW Quote
Large brood trout were released this week in Huddleston Pond in Yamhill County. The fish are 4- and 5-year-old rainbow trout from ODFW’s Roaring River hatchery and range in size from 8 to 18 pounds.

S
solution7
Shorter Version LOL

Shorter Version LOL

[YOUTUBE]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/nqLeQXBrpgY&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/nqLeQXBrpgY&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

T
Thuggin4Life
When I watched the video whoever was talking was repeating himself.

S
solution7
Thuggin4Life said:
When I watched the video whoever was talking was repeating himself.

That would be me ... I was excited for the guy ...

T
Thuggin4Life
lol yeah i could tell. get the net get the net nice fish nice fish you got you got looks like a steelhead looks like a steelhead. nice video man.

S
solution7
Thuggin4Life said:
lol yeah i could tell. get the net get the net nice fish nice fish you got you got looks like a steelhead looks like a steelhead. nice video man.

M
masmith
Thuggin4Life said:

ha ha ha ha ha ah ah ha hmmmm..

ahhhh

:lol:

T
Throbbit _Shane
Is it a steelhead or trout? Which ever that was cool.

T
Troutier Bassier
Neither. Its a type of fish called a Brooder (Bru-der).

A
adambomb
Throbbit _Shane said:
Is it a steelhead or trout? Which ever that was cool.

Its a rainbow trout that ODFW used for breeding stock at a hatchery. Known as brooders, they are as big as a steelhead, and usually fatter.

H
halibuthitman
Troutier Bassier said:

Brooder might possibly be the most mis-applied term on this site:rolleyes:

J
JeeperGal
adambomb said:
Its a rainbow trout that ODFW used for breeding stock at a hatchery. Known as brooders, they are as big as a steelhead, and usually fatter.

So how is the meat quality?

A
adambomb
JeeperGal said:

I wish I knew, I have yet to catch one.

T
Troutier Bassier
The fresh chrome ones have nice pink "hatchery" meat.
The darker ones you can just let go.

M
masmith
Troutier Bassier said:

No, it's a rainbow trout. It doesn't cease to become a trout because it is 5 years old.

S
solution7
JeeperGal said:
my family loves to eat them... Meat is good on brighter ones and good for the smoker on some of the others and yet some just go back because too dark. a lot of fun to land on light gear. I use 4lb test and Kastmasters to catch them

S
solution7
caught another one yesterday

caught another one yesterday

Was lazing fishing at first, power bait off the bottom... Then thought I ought get serious so I got my fav lure and fav casting rod and boom third cast nailed this one he was 27in not sure what he weighed..

iphone_17.jpg