Here's the Tailrace at Big Cliff.:cool:

[YOUTUBE]p7Rf8VPSOVM[/YOUTUBE]

BFF

R
rippin fish lips
that water looks good!!

M
Metz84
Your the best commentator Ive heard on here. I laughed 3 times through out that video! Good stuff!

S
steelhead_stalkers
Man, you can walk fast! :lol:

B
bigfootfish
steelhead_stalkers said:
Man, you can walk fast! :lol:

Naw, I was in my new minimaxi-vanwagon from FIAT-CHRYSLER, doing the vid as I drove. Oh I get it! A jokester!! FIAT BOUGHT DIMELUR(PHONETIC, I DON'T SPELL GERMAN worth a shi'. HEY!|) The Italians know how to make cars. Faster cars. Ferrareries and Lambborginnies. Oh that rymthes. Rimes? Just caught three(my personal limit)
S T E E L H E A D!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! MURDERED MY SKUNKADYLIC! LONG LIVE THE SKUNABITCHADYLIC!! Woo Hoo! GOT MY CELL PHONE ONLINE!!:yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay:!:yay::yay:

PICKLE WAYFANTASTIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BFF

BFF

Last edited:
M
Metz84
Nice! Im still dealing with my skunk this year. Did you get um at bigcliff?

R
Rascal
any pics or vids of the fish

B
bigfootfish
Rascal said:
any pics or vids of the fish

This is the embarrassing part. I forgot my digital camera so all I had was my cell phone camera, which I dropped in the North 3 seconds after I caught and released that third Steelhead. Got a new phone on the way. All three were WILD SUMMERS, which ODFW doesn't want to talk about. There seems to be evidence that the Native Winter Steelhead are mating with the non-native Summer Steelhead, in various locations downstream from Big Cliff and Foster Dams. I've seen 'em spawning across from the Bluffs below Jefferson.

BFF

B
bigfootfish
Actually....

Actually....

Two of those three fish were not Steelhead, I think. They were 24 and 27 inchers but didn't have that steel coloration. But the regs says anything over 20 inches is considered a steelhead whether or not it really IS a Steelhead, and since all three had all their fins they were "wild" fish hence back into the soup they go. If anyone finds a Samsung Touch Cell Phone near Niagra let me know? Thanks!
I would be surprised if I could dry that cell out and recover the pics and vids.. Probably corrupted, like me!:):D:lol::mad::shock::naughty::pray::think:

BFF

R
Rascal
well it seems like you had quite the day lol

18406ej
18406ej
Spent a lot of time near Niagra today but didn't see any phone. Sorry. I did enjoy my fishing at the base of the dam, which I wouldn't have known about if not for your contribution to OFF. Saw a lot of dark fish, and a lot of white-head salmon, but no takers.

The whole trip was worthwhile if for nothing else but the view of the stars up there at 4am. Must have seen about 20 shooters.

Thanks again,

M
Metz84
I believe were suppose to be having meteor showers for the next couple of days. I must ask, are you the one that loves sunflower seeds? LOL I went up to dam last night and seen a grip of seeds... Just thought it was funny...:cool:

B
bigfootfish
Metz84 said:
I believe were suppose to be having meteor showers for the next couple of days. I must ask, are you the one that loves sunflower seeds? LOL I went up to dam last night and seen a grip of seeds... Just thought it was funny...:cool:

No, wasn't me. I like sunflower seeds, but I buy 'em already shelled. However, I was fishing off of Detroit Dam a few years back, and there were about 5 of us fishing. Only one of us was hookin' and so I sat back and watched what he was doing different from the rest of us. We were all using worm with powerbait, rainbow glitter, but he was shelling sunflower seeds and eating them. So I reeled in, borrowed some sunflower seed unshelled, rubbed them with my hands so as to get the smell on my hands. Then I adjusted my worm, massaging the sunflower smell onto the worm, cast out and started hookin'. Go figure!!!:lol::think::dance:

BFF

M
Mike123
I've caught really nice bow's and steelies down around that spot. Awesome water!

M
Metz84
bigfootfish said:
No, wasn't me. I like sunflower seeds, but I buy 'em already shelled. However, I was fishing off of Detroit Dam a few years back, and there were about 5 of us fishing. Only one of us was hookin' and so I sat back and watched what he was doing different from the rest of us. We were all using worm with powerbait, rainbow glitter, but he was shelling sunflower seeds and eating them. So I reeled in, borrowed some sunflower seed unshelled, rubbed them with my hands so as to get the smell on my hands. Then I adjusted my worm, massaging the sunflower smell onto the worm, cast out and started hookin'. Go figure!!!:lol::think::dance:

BFF

:shock: Thats awesome!