Video Alton-Baker big pond

B

bigfootfish

Here's a vid of the big pond at AB, the first pond downstream from the inlet. Big carp in there too.

BFF

[YOUTUBE]f7X7EWDO19k[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]fTfDYYtTigo[/YOUTUBE]

D

Drew9870

Banned User
I was wondering if it is ok to fish the all the waterbodies around Alton-Baker, the ones I have in mind are the ones shown in the google maps image, they look like good Carp water.

Scroll left a little bit and it should show the two little ponds (they look connected)
alton-baker - Google Maps

B

bigfootfish

Page 49

Page 49

The entire Alton-Baker complex is open year round to trout and steelhead. Look on page 49 of the regs.

BFF

T

TTFishon

I was wondering if it is ok to fish the all the waterbodies around Alton-Baker, the ones I have in mind are the ones shown in the google maps image, they look like good Carp water.

Scroll left a little bit and it should show the two little ponds (they look connected)
alton-baker - Google Maps

They had carp when I was a teenager back in the 80's so I'm sure carp are still there. You could also try the Delta Ponds. They're not too far from Alton Baker and they are full of carp.
Google Maps

H

Hooked on fishin'

They had carp when I was a teenager back in the 80's so I'm sure carp are still there. You could also try the Delta Ponds. They're not too far from Alton Baker and they are full of carp.
Google Maps

thats right, i have seen some big carp swimming around in delta...never tried catching them though...:rolleyes::shock:

R

RIVERFISHER

thats right, i have seen some big carp swimming around in delta...never tried catching them though...:rolleyes::shock:

I have seen some nice prab 30-40 pound carp in delta. I have snagged into some that have ran through 20 pound braid.

X

xltom

I caught this carp at delta this summer. I tried corn but eventually just put a worm right under it's nose. They won't chase anything, they just suck mud all day...speaking of which, watch out for deep mud on the banks there.....

carp.jpg

He was pretty big(that's a size 12 shoe), I tried to lift him up by the lip but couldn't.....I let him go but in hindsight I prolly shoulda greased the *******...that pond was swarming with em'. They should hold a bow fishing tourny there and make some room for bass!!!

Last edited:
R

RIVERFISHER

I caught this carp at delta this summer. I tried corn but eventually just put a worm right under it's nose. They won't chase anything, they just suck mud all day...speaking of which, watch out for deep mud on the banks there.....

carp.jpg

He was pretty big(that's a size 12 shoe), I tried to lift him up by the lip but couldn't.....I let him go but in hindsight I prolly shoulda greased the *******...that pond was swarming with em'. They should hold a bow fishing tourny there and make some room for bass!!!

Ya there's a lot of those in there but at the same time there's alt a bass also. I think delta besides all the crap they are doin around the bank is holdin a possible state record. I have been into some pigs really big pigs there. Ones I couldn't do anything even with 15 pound p line

X

xltom

Yep, I caught a decent LM there on a buzzbait....the carp was on 12 lb stren by the way. Hey, send me a PM if you don't mind telling me how and where you got into the big uns'!!!!

Top Bottom