Victory and Defeat

K
Kodiak
So I've got this springer hole that I've been fishing for several years and have always been told "you can't hook a fish in here on a spinner" blah, blah, blah. It is a specialty situation for sure, and empied he think tank about what to do. After several failed prototypes I found a ringer and had to test it..just to see if the action was right. The blade spun and fluttered without flaw just like a good trolling spinner but reaching netrual boyancy. Dropping it to the bottom with 2oz of weight it took about 10 mins and my line went slack, hook set...FISH ON!!!! head shake, head shake, run...run away...please stop...no not out the bottom:shock:..pleeeease stop:pray:....there is my spool:naughty:..should turn around any time:pray:.....uh oh:(....what proto type/fish/line. And so ends my first entanglement with a North fork santiam springer this year:clap:

S
STIKTIME
hey Kodiak, what part of the santiam have you been fishing at latley. i want to get up there soon, i think i might go up there wednesday morning. will i see u up there? how is the springer run up there. i have only caught summer and winter steelies. i would love to be shown acouple of new holes since i live in salem. thanks and good fishing

K
Kodiak
Mill city

Mill city

I'm up in mill city on the northfork. Springer run won't be worth fishing until the middle or end of may if they let us have aseason this year.

Troutski
Troutski
Proto's

Proto's

The thing about proto types is always make two...;) Sorry - I just had to.

Chuck

Reactions: RunWithSasquatch
R
RunWithSasquatch
theres a nice springer hole in Gage

M
metalmania
Troutski said:
The thing about proto types is always make two...;) Sorry - I just had to.

Chuck

:lol::clap:

M
Mike123
Kodiak said:
So I've got this springer hole that I've been fishing for several years and have always been told "you can't hook a fish in here on a spinner" blah, blah, blah. It is a specialty situation for sure, and empied he think tank about what to do. After several failed prototypes I found a ringer and had to test it..just to see if the action was right. The blade spun and fluttered without flaw just like a good trolling spinner but reaching netrual boyancy. Dropping it to the bottom with 2oz of weight it took about 10 mins and my line went slack, hook set...FISH ON!!!! head shake, head shake, run...run away...please stop...no not out the bottom:shock:..pleeeease stop:pray:....there is my spool:naughty:..should turn around any time:pray:.....uh oh:(....what proto type/fish/line. And so ends my first entanglement with a North fork santiam springer this year:clap:

Right on!
I'm getting stoked!
Water has warmed at O.C. falls! That magic temp has arrived! :dance:

T
Troutcatcher
Kodiak said:

Did you catch it off the bank or a boat.

K
Kodiak
Aaahhhh!

Aaahhhh!

Troutski-- I know, Iknow..shame on me..was just trying to get afeel for the thing and early santiam springers are usually pigs!

Mike--1397 springers, 1 jack...1005 summers as of the 23rd, thats 613 more springers than this time in 2006, and 290 more summers..it's the closest comaprison year I can find...If it continues we could be in for a shot at some springer flesh this year.

Troutcatcher..it was an off the bank plunking spinner design Ive been working on for bank bound fellers.

A
ArcticAmoeba
1 Jack! Haha, I am depleting the Jack population in the Upper Willy Basin! I have hooked countless of the little buggers!

K
Kodiak
where?

where?

ArcticAmoeba said:
1 Jack! Haha, I am depleting the Jack population in the Upper Willy Basin! I have hooked countless of the little buggers!

If your getting into a bunch of jacks in the clack that's good for next year! you know that though.

A
ArcticAmoeba
No, we have been gettin 'em on the backtroll for Springers, and Sidedriftin for Steelhead in the Willy. a lot in the Clack as always, but I have not seen this many in the Willy in a long time!

Top Bottom