Vicco Marine Repair

T
TTFishon
Does anyone have any experience with these guys?

M
mikeredding
I was wondering that myself.

T
TTFishon
I called them up. They charge 60 bucks an hr, which isn't bad, and they don't charge a fee just to look at your motor either, but it would be good to know how good there service is.

M
mikeredding
TTFishon said:
I called them up. They charge 60 bucks an hr, which isn't bad, and they don't charge a fee just to look at your motor either, but it would be good to know how good there service is.

That's pretty good. I called Mel's yesterday to ask about fixing my steering. They quoted me 3 hours labor at $95 an hour and $200 for a new cable.

T
TTFishon
mikeredding said:
That's pretty good. I called Mel's yesterday to ask about fixing my steering. They quoted me 3 hours labor at $95 an hour and $200 for a new cable.

Yeah, I heard that the steering cable can be spendy. Here's the number to Vicco Marine in case you want to try them. 541-746-4975

M
mikeredding
Cool, thanks. I am trying to do it myself but may not be able to pull it off. Not sure yet.

B
beaverfan
M
mikeredding
Wow! Thanks for sharing. I will definitely stay way from them after reading that.

B
Brianb1962
Mikeredding,
Did you get your steering cable replaced on your boat? I just replaced mine and it only took me a hour and cost me under $25. I got the cable from Home Depot and cable clamps. If you need help, let me know. Be willing to help.