Vent

fishtales

Who bitches about fish being mishandled. This is not a gentleman's club. So the guy mishandled a fish. Give him a ticket. Way to many prudes here. just saying!:worthy:

troutmasta

People are very protective of our native species.
That being said, sometime emotions get the best of us and things are said that are over the top. There will be action taken as a result.
We value the input of all OFF members. Please avoid personal attacks.
Thanks for all your contributions fishtales, I'll see you on the upper Willamette soon

TM-

bran_man

Realistically,.handling a fish in any way has potential for harm...but handling a fish by the gills that you do not intend to keep is not cool.what if someone picked you up by your lungs? Lol it happens for lots of reasons and will continue to happen. But educating people about it can help

Last edited:

troutmasta

Educating is great, belittling someone is not.
A link with proper techniques is a great idea FT-
People learn, thats why we are here-

Thanks for your input guys-

fishtales

If someone picked me up by my lungs I would already dead or in the hospital. I have no idea what I have to do with this yet alone my lungs. Realistically ??

Moe

My first comment after the pictures of the native Chinook that were hung by the gills:
"DUDE!! You can't keep nooks on the sandy! "
His p.m. right after that:
sc7206 said:
DUDE!!!!!!!! Dont be mad you aint caught **** your tough behind your screen ill do what the **** I want so shut the **** up.
The dude was an ass, what kind of response do you expect?

fishtales

Yeah you're right that was an ass thing to say. The thread was pretty stupid in general. Not trying to call you out or my lungs for that matter, just seams like there is a better way to handle what he did. Give him a ticket.

Raincatcher

Hey Moe. I can see why you got so angry. He was totally wrong to disrespect you like that, especially when you were trying to help out a new member. I'm sorry it went to hell in a hand basket so fast. I will be keeping a close eye on his posts for some time. But, please send me a message instead of responding and fueling the fire. Thanks.
Barb

Moe

Thank you barb, I admit I probably shouldn't have responded like that either. I apologize if I offended anyone.

Raincatcher

Thank you barb, I admit I probably shouldn't have responded like that either. I apologize if I offended anyone.
Thank you for that, Moe. :hi: No worries, we all survived the night. In fact, I didn't even know about it until early this morning and the new mods had it under control with Anatoliy doing a follow up.

bigboy70

ok saw the vent title and im going with it. well one thing im tired of on this forum is that people offer hey got a question pm me. so i do trying to not repeat the same thing asked 1000s of other times. (because i know how annoying that is) well i do and nothing ok i can get over that, but don't say ill help you out and not bother to respond. Its not like im asking for the trade secrets or honey holes none of that anymore ill find my own holes and secrets im ok with that part of the learning experience which i have fallen in love with just going out and learning on my own.

The big one getting to me lately is people offering to meet up lets fish or ill show you the ropes sunny boy. Great i get my hopes up i actually get to fish with a more experience angler (ive had one buddy i was able to tag along with for a year). Ok what river blah blah the clack is my home blah blah cant wait its gunna be awesome. Then a couple weeks pass and i feel like an a** for believing it PLEASE yall experience anglers dont get the rookies hopes up that your gunna fish with them and then totally ignore them.

sorry to the senior members not trying to offend anyone (thats why no names where stated)
just tired of it and this concludes my rant

tight lines y'all see you @ the river

Top Bottom