Vacation day two

TimberTodd

The back wasn't feeling like a 90 minute drive to the coast this morning so I headed back to Hagg. I launched at Ramp C again and headed straight to Scoggins arm. I was anchored up and flipping the bug wand by 7:00. By 8:00 I had lost count of the Gills that had succumbed to the rubber leg Prince nymph. They averaged 7"-8" and were a hoot on the 4wt. I fished that spot for 2 hours, then the bite died. I moved further into the cove, but couldn't score a hit. I moved back to where I started and nailed a few more. The lake was glass today which made for some daydreaming and missed takes. At one point I looked down to find a 20" yellow racer about to join me in the yak. After steering him back towards shore I decided to move out and find the hump in the channel and toss senkos. The bass weren't having any of it so I paddled my way back to the truck. With rain in the forecast for Thursday, my plan is to spend tomorrow back in the same spot.

Attachments

Willerman

The hagg bass have been super hit-or-miss for me lately. Went out last week and got skunked, then went this last weekend and caught 6 decent sized ones in about 1.5 hrs - all spot fished along the shore. That water does look a lot nicer than when I was out there!

Top Bottom