Vacation Bass

B
bass_junkie
So I took a few days off from work so decided to do some fishin it was colder then crap out side but the water was still pretty warm. Only came out with this nice 4 pounder or so. Draggin a black and blue jig with a berkley 8 inch black and blue worm, first one of the year! So its a start :)

• 2011-05-12_07-14-30_112.jpg
troutdude
troutdude
That's four pounds of nice lookin bass you got there. Glad you got your fix Junkie!

S
skunk
Very nice for the first of the yr.!!

T
TTFishon
Nice one dude!!!

W
waco
Thats a pretty good size fish you got there!!!! Nothing whrong with a 4 pounds bass!!! ;)

F
Finneus Polebender
Nuthin wrong with that pesky 4 lber Nice one for the first of the year

brandon4455
brandon4455
beats me. i got no bass so far! :lol: nice fish

H
Hawk
Great Catch Bro.
Well Done.
:clap::clap::clap:
:D:D:D
:cool::cool:

G
Gunderthewonder
Ever fish the Willamette around Newberg for bass? Any tips? I am planning on chasing bass all summer between Newberg and Canby on the Willamette River. This is my first summer of fishing this area.

B
bass_junkie
I have heard of rodgers landing in newberg being pretty productive for all sorts of species of fish. I usually fish the yamhill in dayton for smallies during the summer time. If you can find anywhere that has big boulders/rocks that is a for sure spot for the smallmouth to be holding. I like throwin crankbaits and really bouncin them off the rocks and gettin a reaction strikes out of those smallies, either that or a plastic worm,grub,senko,tubes all will work. Anything that can mimick a crawdad pretty much will do the trick, good luck!

N
nwkiller
nice catch man!!

G
Gunderthewonder
Appreciate your tips! Thanks. Can't wait to get fishing!

K
kick_bass
Ash Island just below Rodgers landing is always productive as well as the mouth of the yamhill.

M
mcplus
Hey guys, I'm new to bass fishing in Oregon. I used to go bass fishing in Southern California when I lived there, but I've only been successful with trout fishing in Oregon so far. The trout I've caught in lakes around here give up after they are hooked, so I'm bored of that! If you guys know of any good bass fishing places around Salem, Albany, Woodburn, Silverton, Dallas area that would be much appreciated! Thanks!