Uuugly bug

T
the salmon kid
so Ive been experimenting with different types of ugly bugs and flys Ive caught fish with almost every one i try., but i am wondering what pattern works for you and if you can post a pic., here is the one that works best for me

• ugly bug.jpg
M
Mike123
That fly is KILLER for steelhead! Someone on the S. Santiam breaks a lot of those things off, cause I find them all the time. I started drift fishing them and hooking up! The cutts love them too!

M
Mad dog
the salmon kid said:
so Ive been experimenting with different types of ugly bugs and flys Ive caught fish with almost every one i try., but i am wondering what pattern works for you and if you can post a pic., here is the one that works best for me

Excellent! The basic beadhead wooly bugger ugly bug is a certifiable summer steelhead killer! Possibly the single best low water summer steelhead bait ever! Ugly bugs tie really well as stoneflies as well! ON A RIVER LIKE THE ROGUE....WITH IT'S HUGE SALMONFLY AND GOLDEN STONE POPULATION!!! Well, you get the idea where I'm going with that!

And there are some really nice cutties and native bows on the Rogue to make things interesting when the steelheadin' is slow!

Nice job!

T
the salmon kid
what works best for winter steelhead

K
kongevong
yeah what work for the winter steelhead