Used boat

REELY HOOKED
REELY HOOKED
I am looking for a used welded aluminum boat 18' to 20' outboard. I wish I could buy new, don't want to inherit someone else's problems. Any advice on the best place to look? Probably everywhere I have already checked. I appreciate your help.

D
Diamond Lake Charlie
You may tell a little more about what you are going to use it for, I have 18 ft 7 inch Duckworth with full canvas and two outboards on it, gps, ship to shore radio, depth finder/fish finder. anchor system, down riggers and a cabin. I can fish lakes, rivers, ocean. It also has a 14 deg hull so it rides pretty smooth. My friend has a 18 ft that we use in the river. Do you want a jet, or prop, canvs or no cancas, car tiop or trailered,. lots of different styles in 18 to 20 foot and no mine is not for sale. depending on what you want you could look at Y marina in Coos Bay. I have bought two new ones from him and he has used also. Not knowing where you are located there are a lot of dealer ships around. When you are looking no matter at a dealership or from a person you want to ask this one question. "What is wrong with it." That one sentence will allow a legaL LOOP HOLE for you if there is a problem...If the person is honest he she will answer, however if they answer nothing that I know of , then you need to take it to a shop and for a run before you buy it. Also get it in writing on your receipt. You might also ask why they are selling it.. Buying used can be a bag of worms. One other thing I would suggest to you, never buy on the spot, go get a cup of coffee, but take a break or something.. If it is not there when you come back there is a reason you were not supposed to have it. To the best of my knowledge, in OREGON a seller does not hove to tell you what is wrong unless you ask, so make sure that you ask, that is on any USED, if you ask they must tell you. Also used is "AS IS" WITHOUT A WRITTEN WARRANTY.

Reactions: fromthelogo
REELY HOOKED
REELY HOOKED
Good morning, and thank you for the response. I should have been more specific in what I was looking for. It has taken me many months of searching but have purchased a new boat. 22' North River.

Reactions: Bo Peep
D
Diamond Lake Charlie
North River is a good boat. Had a 17 ft 6 in navigator for a few years but the 12 deg hull got to rough for me. Months of searching is not bad as it took me 28 years to get to where I am now with my Duckworth. First boat was a 10 ft Columbia tri hull with a 3 hp sears but it worked for the time. I just kept searching and trading up till I got to where I am.. What did you end up with and use it in good health. Nothing like a new boat to break in and making it fit to what is you