Urban Hawg Map

A
Anyfishisfine
Ah this thread lives on. The Urban Hogs map has been the basis of many fishing trips, I thank you again.

S
ShdwmnkyX
I am curious, How do you get to the slough holes? I was attempting to scout some of the places out last night but couldn't see anything but warehouse parking. Are the pretty liberal? I am mostly concerned with east of I205.

F
Fishtopher
Few of those spots ya gotta park pretty far away from the labeled hole. I dont want to tell ya "ya, its cool to park" in any of those businesses in case you get towed...but how can they tell your car apart from other employees cars?...

Last time I was there i dropped in a kayak and just went. Some neat spots to fish in there. Make sure to bathe in mosquito repelent, or come home with west nile virus!:lol:

S
ShdwmnkyX
Thanks, I figured I would have a walk on my hands. Looks like I made the wrong decision when I lived on McDonalds and decried any form of Cardio.

F
FishSchooler
I JUST found this... THANK YOU!

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
Great map

Great map

Have the rest of you seen the map Fishtopher put together for us? Totally awesome! :clap::clap:

A
azntechi3206
Hello Fishtopher,
I just wanted to say that you are one generous person indeed, thank you for sharing. i was thinking about going to big creek this Sunday but since I happened to come across your map I think am going to try cedar creek 1.6 gomer hole and dodge park area. Thanks again!!

M
mthoodrider
And this why I love oregon.
Thanks fishtopher

T
Troutier Bassier
Fishtopher,
Slough hole 1.4, What fish have you caught in there? Its a bikeride away from my house... :)
Thanks

F
Finneus Polebender
And here I thought oppertunities might be limited for me while workin in portland, not so at all .A very gracious undertaking have google bassed oops earthed many of the areas you have listed and wondered wow that kinda might be good . Thanks to you legwork done ! Look forward to checkin out some of the spots next time I am up that way. Of course will let ya know how they work out Thanks again.

F
Fishtopher
Troutier Bassier said:
Fishtopher,
Slough hole 1.4, What fish have you caught in there? Its a bikeride away from my house... :)
Thanks
can't say.

You, nor anyone else would believe me if I said. I'll say that I'd fish it out a few times a week during certain times of the year just for fun if I lived as close as you do. Catch and release of course.
Finneus Polebender said:
And here I thought oppertunities might be limited for me while workin in portland, not so at all .A very gracious undertaking have google bassed oops earthed many of the areas you have listed and wondered wow that kinda might be good . Thanks to you legwork done ! Look forward to checkin out some of the spots next time I am up that way. Of course will let ya know how they work out Thanks again.
Good luck bro!

The "Gomer hole is really the G.O.M.R. hole so dubbed by my fishin pal and I. Stands for Get Off My Rock. We've nailed a few native winters in there, and some coho. Quite a few coho actually. Cool spot to get away from the crowd at Ceder. Most of the people just go down river from the creek.

T
Troutier Bassier
I'll belive you! I pwomise! :)

F
Fishtopher
Nope. Figure it out. I want to see if you can catch what I caught now.

T
Troutier Bassier
Well I don't get un-grounded until June 18th.. Soo it's gonna be hella long. Sucks for me.

B
bassman503
Im guessing you caught a Steelhead here(;

D
Derick
Hmm disappointed that you do not have Nights point on here........one of the best shelves for salmon fishing on the lower Willamette (requires boat and lots of practice though) also just down river from the train bridge from Oak Grove to Lake O. there is a great trolling run from that beach immediatly below the bridge down to elk rock island (stick to the east bank and in about 15 ft of water when you hit that rocky ledge just below the beach which is just below the train bridge). Be warned though there is a rock pile on the upriver side of elk rock that is very snaggy but can be very productive for springers and bass.

C
cookshot
Man what an awesome thing to share with everyone! I have a similar thing going on google earth, and would be willing to share with anyone interested, but I'm not sure how to give maps from google earth.

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
This one is just too good to pass up...enjoy.

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
BOING!!
:clap::clap::clap::clap:
Sharing & Caring at it's finest.
:dance::dance::dance::dance:

B
b70turner
That. Map. Is. Amazing. Much appreciated! :clap: