Urban Hawg Map

Y
Youngfishermen
Powers MArine Park

Powers MArine Park

Anyfishisfine said:
Thanks for sharing Fishtopher.

I've heard about the area around the Sellwood bridge, so I went down yesterday to check it out. I had no idea where to go, and ended up at Powers Marine Park. I caught a small bass and what I think were salmon smolts (unless trout live in that stretch). I didn't take them out of the water for a better look, and just let them go as gently as possible.

I also caught a mystery fish. Is this a carp? Sorry for the bad cell phone camera.

Hey I went fishing there and that place pretty awsome, there's stergeon,carp,salmon,trout,cats,lot's of perch,whitefish,large and small mouth bass, and a few shad. I was there in May 2012 at 12:00 pm till 4:00 pm and caught 7 carp,44 perch but didn't take thm, 1 salmon but didn't have lisene yet and three largemouth bass. It was a blast!! I saw this other guy catching stergeon like there's millions there.:cool::lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
I
igquick
Fishtopher said:
Alright man, Ive got this new google map ive been working on, and its got some of my fishin spots Im willing to share marked on it(most are well known!). Most of them are warmwater fishing holes, but I slapped a few spots on the Sandy, and took a few off the Columbia and Clackamas(no boat spots either!). These are not at all guaranteed spots, but Ive hooked up at everyspot listed, aside from the few on the willy that are marked unfished. Every spot is less than an hour from SE Portland. I know a lot of these spots have names, and if the name I gave it is not the name you call it, well nevermind....If I see any of ya's at my fishin spots, Ill be collecting the fee on the bank:D....

Urban Hog Questin - Google Maps

Wow what a post!!! If this map really works for me, then i owe you one...maybe my word document of all my fishing spots lol

L
Leon Fish
that is super awesome. thank you. thank you.

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
Leon Fish said:
that is super awesome. thank you. thank you.
If this doesn't help someone, I'll eat my lucky fishing hat. :D

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
Time to dust this OFF...enjoy! :popcorn:

G
goodie619
should add more points on west side..

M
Mattyonthebass
I was looking for something just like this. I really like bass fishing in urban style spots

Reactions: Raincatcher
B
Bike 'N' Fish
goodie619;n601081 said:
should add more points on west side..

Goodie, I was thinking of doing something like this myself. Fishtopher, amazing map! I love someone who doesn't jealously guard fishing holes! Thanks bunches! I am thinking of putting something like this together for the west side. I've got a few places I've added to my own saved spots on google maps. Is there a possibility of editing this map to include those? Would contributions be accepted?

W
Willerman
Bike 'N' Fish;n605956 said:
Goodie, I was thinking of doing something like this myself. Fishtopher, amazing map! I love someone who doesn't jealously guard fishing holes! Thanks bunches! I am thinking of putting something like this together for the west side. I've got a few places I've added to my own saved spots on google maps. Is there a possibility of editing this map to include those? Would contributions be accepted?

I mean, don't get me wrong - I think maps like this for public, well known spots are great. You could see why, though, some of us want to keep lesser known spots... well... lesser known. It is not just the added pressure to a (potentially small, can't handle multiple people) spot. But I have seen a few of my favorite smaller lesser known spots get ruined by word of mouth and the people that hear it. By that I mean people who do not pick up after themselves and disrespect the area. My favorite bass spot in the mid-valley is 2x as visited and 4x as polluted as just last year. I am afraid it won't be around much longer. A lot of us put in a lot of blood, sweat, and beers to find these spots and it can be a bummer when they get ruined because of facebook or other forums.

B
Bike 'N' Fish
While I'm in full agreement, there are definitely lesser known spots to keep that way, there are lots of public, easy access spots not listed on this map that would be helpful to me and others who have a limited time to get to and from a place due to work, etc. I grew up fishing the John Day river, and watched rancher after rancher close their land to anyone wanting to fish because of uncaring and disrespectful people. I know what it feels like to see your favorite hole suddenly pressured so much that fish won't even lick their lips at what used to be a guaranteed biter. I'm not asking for the spot someone has earned. I'm talking about "dock at Oregon City marina under 205 bridge" or "dorman pond just west of banks Oregon" etc. I respect earning that spot that you have to hike into or something like that. I just want to know spots in my area (Washington county) that are within half an hour driving distance so I can drown a worm or 3 after work. I hope that clarifies better?

Reactions: Raincatcher
W
Willerman
Bike 'N' Fish;n605982 said:
While I'm in full agreement, there are definitely lesser known spots to keep that way, there are lots of public, easy access spots not listed on this map that would be helpful to me and others who have a limited time to get to and from a place due to work, etc. I grew up fishing the John Day river, and watched rancher after rancher close their land to anyone wanting to fish because of uncaring and disrespectful people. I know what it feels like to see your favorite hole suddenly pressured so much that fish won't even lick their lips at what used to be a guaranteed biter. I'm not asking for the spot someone has earned. I'm talking about "dock at Oregon City marina under 205 bridge" or "dorman pond just west of banks Oregon" etc. I respect earning that spot that you have to hike into or something like that. I just want to know spots in my area (Washington county) that are within half an hour driving distance so I can drown a worm or 3 after work. I hope that clarifies better?

It sounds like we are on the same page. Tight lines brother.