Upper Willy

F
FishSlayer420
Thinkin About makin a trip up there for some Sturg fishin how has it been around the St.Johns bridge around that area? Info Please:D

T
troutmasta
Dont know bout st. johns. but I've pulled 3 keepers out of newbeg. Sand shrimp and nightcrawler combo. Theres always LOADS of boats down in st. Johns though so it must be good.

G
GoDucks1
FishSlayer420 said:
Thinkin About makin a trip up there for some Sturg fishin how has it been around the St.Johns bridge around that area? Info Please:D

Wouldn't that be the lower Willy?

F
FishSlayer420
GoDucks1 said:
Wouldn't that be the lower Willy?

Yeah i guess you are right about that huh:D

D
dude young
"I am not against golf, since I cannot but suspect it keeps armies of the unworthy from discovering trout..." ~Paul O'Neil

Well played, my friend. Well played.

Last edited:
F
frodog
Shaker city last weekend only saw one keeper brought in near St. Johns but I wasn't watchin that close to busy reeling.

F
FishSlayer420
Thanks Frodog. How many shakers you boat?

B
bbonco
sturgoen in newberg

sturgoen in newberg

troutmasta ;where in newberg do you fish is it buy boat or bank i have tried from rodgers landing up around the deep hole on the upper end of deer island with no luck but i have seen kids catch small shakers off the landing thanx bbonco

F
frodog
Eleven out there two weeks ago, two last week and two friday evening, with only one of those even close enough to measure.

B
beaverfan
I'll be going out tomorrow out of Newberg, anyone been out there recently? I'm hoping to catch at least one shaker. Will have sandshrimp, worms, herring, and a shad for bait.

B
beaverfan
Just got back caught 8 shakers and 2 keepers for the boat. All were released unharmed, all were caught on strips of Shad filets.

D
Drake2137
Sturgeon

Sturgeon

8 shakers and 2 keepers, thats a pretty good ratio there. That was a pretty good area the few times I went during April. In the 3 trips I went we caught keepers every trip. Still fun even though you had to throw them back.

B
beaverfan
Ya it was my first succesfull sturgeon trip, and my first trip since I was a kid. Truly an amazing fish!

B
beaverfan
Went back out this morning for about 4 hours and between my dad and me got 17 shakers to the boat. Even had doubles on twice! Had some that were fairly close to keeper size but since its a non-retention day didn't bother messuring. Had to leave early because the wind started picking up and all the recreational boaters were showing up. I will upload some pics in a bit, gotta find my cord.

B
beaverfan
Went out again for a few hours had a bunch of bites and one shaker to the boat. Too windy this morning. Here are some pics of last weeks two sets of doubles.
Picture014.jpg
Picture012.jpg
Picture013.jpg

F
Fishtopher
Nice pics.

Looks like quite the tangle up top!

B
beaverfan
Ya they just kept swimming circles around each other. The one in the top pic was the worst. They had it all messed up!