Upper willy boat landings

S
STURGEON FEAR
can anybody tell me where any other boat landings are other than peoria and carthy park landing? or which is closest to the long tom confluence?

S
steelhead1
there are no more public launches in this stretch.It is of equal distance from both launches,peoria is a shallow and snaggy slew,Cartney is better launch,and the wiser choice if you are drifting.I did this stretch a few weeks ago,dont forget your trout rod.

Last edited:
N
novicewila
what did you use when fishing that stretch of the river? Ever fish for steel head or salmon there. I know there is nice sturgeon in some of those deep pools.

S
steelhead1
Bangin some nice bows with panthers
+ splitshot.We did get some light bumps plunkin bait in the deep pools,but never saw a sturgy.I have heard that steelhead are taken in the riffle at irish bend,but I have never tried.:D

S
STURGEON FEAR
sweet thanks ya i put my jet in at peoria it sucked i think i will put in at carthy and go down how will i know when im at the confluence is it pretty big? any landmarks??

M
mlw
The confluence with long tom is at a side channel (fairly big side channel), see link.

long tom mouth
As far as I know you can still launch at Irish Bend (no improvements, gravel), which is close to the long tom. Not much in the way of signs getting there.
Michael