Upper Rogue Springer

E
eat, sleep, fish
Hit the upper Rogue today with my friend Jon. It ended up being a great day on the river.

S7301233.jpg

S7301228.jpg

The springer had an extra fin and had to be released even though it was caught at the hatchery and was most likely an unclipped hatchery fish. The steelhead was Jon's first ever.

R
RunWithSasquatch
eat said:
It ended up being a great day on the river.

Looks like it was an awesome day, nice fish!

T
Throbbit _Shane
way to go buddy!!!!

nice first steelhead too :D

M
Mad dog
Nice springer!!! Did you get it on a red Salamander? :D

Reactions: Markcanby
R
RunWithSasquatch
Mad dog said:

Poke the bear

P
plumb2fish
Beautiful fish....I know this gets beat to death, but try not to put fingers in the gills of any fish to be released....kind of like some one chaseing you for 2-5 minutes at a full sprint and then holding your head under water while pulling on your tongue....

Reactions: Markcanby, beaverfan and Yohan
G
gomer_p
Nice job landing that fish with out a net, we lost one the same day right below you guys....

J
Johnny Southpaw
Nice chromer, nice video, nice post!!!!

H
Hawk
Well Done Bro's.
those are reel beauties.
:clap::clap:
:D:D
:cool:

Reactions: OnTheFly
E
eat, sleep, fish
plumb2fish said:
Beautiful fish....I know this gets beat to death, but try not to put fingers in the gills of any fish to be released....kind of like some one chaseing you for 2-5 minutes at a full sprint and then holding your head under water while pulling on your tongue....

Yeah it wasn't the ideal way of handling it. I actually told the guy to leave it in the water, but he didn't seem to think I would actually release the fish.

K
klamathsteel
At least she has clean teeth now. :rolleyes: :(

Y
Yohan
plumb2fish said:

+1... but I can't believe you actually told someone how to properly handle a fish to be released :rolleyes: (that was meant as sarcasm... I applaud your attempt at educating how a released fish should be handled)

BTW, awesome fish!

Last edited:
Reactions: Markcanby and beaverfan
troutdude
troutdude
Mad dog said:

ROTFL!!!

That's not a springer, it's a HAWG!

T
the salmon kid
let the madness begin :lol:start the cussin, shoveing, crossing lines, an throwin punches:):lol:, cause it is going to be packed with people trying to get one of those chromers now :Dboy am i ready:D

:cool:THEY DONT CALL ME THE SALMON KID FOR NOTHIN:cool:

O
OnTheFly
That's got to be one of the nicest Springers I've seen.

R
Razz
Yohan said:
+1... but I can't believe you actually told someone how to properly handle a fish to be released :rolleyes: (that was meant as sarcasm... I applaud your attempt at educating how a released fish should be handled)

BTW, awesome fish!

EDUCATION on releasing gets a second from me .

C
cwsmith
thats the prettiest springer i have ever seen. nice work!