Upper Clackamas Trip

T
tnffishman
Was on the Upper Clackamas last two days and managed to get into some trout. Yesterday afternoon I used a small silver panther martin and got into about 5 small rainbows, and a 17 inch suckerfish.:think: it sure put up a good fight on my ultralight

But the fishing in the evening was amazing. I was using a small light colored fly and had bites every cast landing about ten on the day, the two biggest trout being about 8 inches.
This morning was slow and I only landed 1 and saw a BUNCH of suckerfish in towards the shore. Some were over 20 inches.

all in all a good trip:cool:

C
Cracker
Were they mostly clipped or non? How high up were you?

T
tnffishman
They were all non-clipped and we were pretty high up. Right past the Three Lynx turn-off just below the bridge.

C
Cracker
Do they still stock the Oak Grove Fork?
I love it up there. The first Steelhead that I ever caught was just down from Bobs hole.
Mabey someday it will be open for them again.
Surprise lake is a neat place to hike into.

F
Fishtopher
Just camped at Indian Henry for a few days, and saw quite a few what I assume were native Steelhead in the area. Couldnta been a hatchery Steel, they dont let em up there, and was waaay to big for a 'Bow.

Blew me away, as I was watchin this fish I spotted in a tail out, and then a butterfly caught my eye, bobbin up and down flyin across the river. I said to my self, "self, wouldnt't be crazy to see a fish come up-" and just then this fish comes FLYING outta the water, but missed the butterfly by about 2 inches!! Twas great stuff! I didn't even finish my thought before the Steelhead broke the surface!