Update BC Res 1&2 (2/24/09)

F
fishfreak13
30mph wind kept us inside this morning. It let up a lil bit at noon so we cruised down the street to the lakes. Fishing was great! We caught 3 within 20min (biting on all colors of powerbait), missed a few, and decided to go from bait to spoons. We hooked up with 2 more on castmaster style spoons shortly after. Rain and wind came on around 1:45pm, so we packed it in and head home for a great lunch.

BC res #2 was stocked this morning, so both now have trout in them.

Here are a couple pics for your viewing pleasure.

Cassie with 3 pound trout....
CIMG5231.jpg

M
mikeredding
Very nice fish but I have to ask........do you seriously cook them with
the heads still on?

F
fishfreak13
mikeredding said:
Very nice fish but I have to ask........do you seriously cook them with
the heads still on?

Hehe. Cooking fish with heads attached is very common ;)

M
mikeredding
fishfreak13 said:
Hehe. Cooking fish with heads attached is very common ;)

Not for me!:D I have fished all my life and have cooked a ton of fish and never one head.:naughty: Just something about fried eyeballs turns me off.:confused:

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
Blech....

Blech....

mikeredding said:
Not for me!:D I have fished all my life and have cooked a ton of fish and never one head.:naughty: Just something about fried eyeballs turns me off.:confused:

I ABSO-FREAKING-LUTELY AGREE!! :confused:
Barb

Admin
Admin
mikeredding said:
Just something about fried eyeballs turns me off.:confused:

Don't like when your food look at you, huh? :lol:

M
mikeredding
Anatoliy said:
Don't like when your food look at you, huh? :lol:

Does anyone bake a chicken with the head still on?:shock:

N
ninja2010
hmmmmm...

i'm from malaysia, so what i like may not be too well accepted here...

maybe i shouldn't say anything... :think:

Admin
Admin
:lol: Me and my wife are in Taiwan. We are having soup for lunch. "Eeewww" she said as she found a chicken foot in her soup (with the toe nail still on it). "Look in the menu" i answered "it's chicken foot soup, what did you expect to find in it? :lol:

So back on topic. Nice report fishfreak13 & nice pix. I like that picture of a beauty holding a beauty. :D

M
mikeredding
Anatoliy said:
So back on topic. Nice report fishfreak13 & nice pix. I like that picture of a beauty holding a beauty. :D

Yes, very nice. Where is this Res anyway? I am assuming North.

F
fishfreak13
mikeredding said:
Yes, very nice. Where is this Res anyway? I am assuming North.

It's on the northern end of Newport. If you're heading north on the 101 from downtown newport all you gotta do is hang a right on 36th st (I'm lucky I live on this st and its sooo very close to the lakes.) Follow it for a lil bit, it winds downhill and through a tiny residential street and you'll end up at a T intersection at a very small park. Hang a left and you're at res1, keep going down that same road and you're at res2. That easy :)

*We're going to hit up Res #2 in the morning weather permitting as well as the south jetty in the afternoon. Going for a fresh and saltwater rally! Hopefully it's nice out and we'll have more pics to post along w/reports.

P.S. If we keep any catch from here on out I'll besure to behead it for you squeemish folks out there lol ;P

Last edited:
M
mikeredding
fishfreak13 said:
If we keep any catch from here on out I'll besure to behead it for you squeemish folks out there lol ;P
No worries here. I was just surprised. What ever floats your boat, :Dthey way I look at it. Good luck tomorrow. I look forward to the pics!:clap: