unusual river level scenario

L
Letemgo
My fishing partner and I have been following the fish counts and the fiver levels on the Molalla and decided that because the flow was down to just under 800 F3/s, we would hit the lower end. Well, from Knight's Bridge to the mouth of the Pudding, the river looked awesome and My partner hooked one just above the confluence of the two. He didn't have it on very long but saw the silver flash just before it gave his drift rig back. From there on down the water changed to a milky green with about three feet of visability. This is what I expected but what I did not count on was the above average height of the Willamette. It is still so high from all the recent rain/snow melt/flooding that it affects the height of the Molalla for a ways upstream. There was so much water, that we could not even begin to cover all of it. I've been plunkin' the Mo for 37 years and this is only the second time that I have seen this. The last time was 1996 after the Big One. So I'm getting smarterer and smarterer the older I get. By the time I get old, I might even know something. Steve

Reactions: FishFiddle
Y
youngbuck307
That's kinda nuts

T
TTFishon
Another reason too is the Army Corp of Engineer is releasing more water than normal from some reservoirs down my way to keep the water levels low so they can work on the dams.

T
Throbbit _Shane
TTFishon said:
Another reason too is the Army Corp of Engineer is releasing more water than normal from some reservoirs down my way to keep the water levels low so they can work on the dams.

Theyre doing that at Lost Creek Res. too, its messing the fishing up on the Rogue. I guess the spillaway is broken on the dam.

T
TTFishon
I know they're working on Fall Creek Res and Lookout Point Res and I think Hillscreek Res. That's a lot of freakin water from that last storm.