Uncured Roe

D

Derek

Is there anywhere you can buy uncured Roe Or Skeins? Preferably around the Eugene Springfield area or not too far away.

O

Outdrsmn

you can sometimes get it at that fisherman's market on 7th in eugene.

M

Mike123

If you want to drive to Lebanon I might have some to sell ya if you want?
Just bought it yesterday as a 40lb frozen block. Some of the skeins are not to good, but most are. They came frozen from alaska. PM me if interested.

M

Mike123

S

steelhead_stalkers

This is where we got our eggs.. they were frozen solid.

I thought you could get them fresh and not frozen. Maybe you have to wait until there are fall chinook and more summer steelhead around to get the fresh eggs. Your eggs will still cure up fine just with not quite as much absorption and wont milk as much but will still catch many fish!! I guess I'm kind of an egg whore :D Bleed the fish, put on gloves, remove the eggs place in ziplock, put on ice! Then the whole routine at home is even more detailed :lol: Good luck with the curing!

M

Mike123

I thought you could get them fresh and not frozen. Maybe you have to wait until there are fall chinook and more summer steelhead around to get the fresh eggs. Your eggs will still cure up fine just with not quite as much absorption and wont milk as much but will still catch many fish!! I guess I'm kind of an egg whore :D Bleed the fish, put on gloves, remove the eggs place in ziplock, put on ice! Then the whole routine at home is even more detailed :lol: Good luck with the curing!

Oh trust me, so am I!! But my friend got a good deal on them. I do the same with my eggs. These eggs may not be the best, but We'll make them work.

Top Bottom