Umpqua Valley Fly Tying-Casting Festival

TheKnigit
TheKnigit
Umpqua Valley Fly Fishers and Fly Fishing Veterans, an extension of Umpqua, is putting on a fly tying and casting festival March 19th, 2022 from 9:00 am - 5:00 pm at the Winston Community Center. Admission is a single non-perishable food item which will be donated to the local food bank. There will be bunch of fly tying and rod building demos, casting lessons as well as a 50/50 raffle, silent auctions, misc. raffles.

This is something that we are going to try and do annually, and it should be a great event. If you can, stop on by and support a great cause for our local veterans. I hope to see you there.

Reactions: Echskech and jamisonace
jamisonace
jamisonace
TheKnigit said:
Umpqua Valley Fly Fishers and Fly Fishing Veterans, an extension of Umpqua, is putting on a fly tying and casting festival March 19th, 2022 from 9:00 am - 5:00 pm at the Winston Community Center. Admission is a single non-perishable food item which will be donated to the local food bank. There will be bunch of fly tying and rod building demos, casting lessons as well as a 50/50 raffle, silent auctions, misc. raffles.

This is something that we are going to try and do annually, and it should be a great event. If you can, stop on by and support a great cause for our local veterans. I hope to see you there.
I've got a buddy that is a fly fishing guide on the Mckenzie. He used to donate his Fridays to take veterans fishing until the guy he was working with to coordinate them left and the new guy didn't see the value. Crazy huh?

I'll definitely make it point to stop by. Sounds like fun.

Reactions: TheKnigit
TheKnigit
TheKnigit
It turned out to be a pretty good event from what I could see. I was there in the morning until about 12:30. Thank you very much to anyone who made it out!

jamisonace
jamisonace
Dang it! Totally forgot. Bummer.

Top Bottom