Umpqua Springers !!!

L

LilCorky

Boy it sure has been and always is quiet about the Springers on the Umpqua. Anything going on yet? Heard of a few caught but didn't see them. no one talks about it like they do on the Rouge. :naughty:

R

rippin fish lips

Boy it sure has been and always is quiet about the Springers on the Umpqua. Anything going on yet? Heard of a few caught but didn't see them. no one talks about it like they do on the Rouge. :naughty:

im wondering the sameee thinggg!

C

Chedster

It's been a slow start from what I have seen on the water. Water has been cold and off color, just when it was getting good the river shot up again. It's only gonna get better though so I'm stoked to get back down there.

R

rippin fish lips

It's been a slow start from what I have seen on the water. Water has been cold and off color, just when it was getting good the river shot up again. It's only gonna get better though so I'm stoked to get back down there.

ill be there the 14th and the 15th to fish for them. hoping for good conditions

F

fredaevans

Vis a vis Springers on the Rouge, only down in the immediate Gold Beach area. Springers won't hit the upper Rogue (in any numbers) until June.

T

the real beerfish

The river is up again this morning and with the rain we're getting and the snow up high, we could have some real high water by next week. I remember a few years back when we never got low enough to fish all spring and most of the fish went right on by us here in the main

M

Mad dog

The river is up again this morning and with the rain we're getting and the snow up high, we could have some real high water by next week. I remember a few years back when we never got low enough to fish all spring and most of the fish went right on by us here in the main

Welcome beerfish! :clap:

Send them on upriver!!! I'll get them when they get to the north river! :dance:

T

the real beerfish

thanks for the welcome Mad dog........... I will at least try and save you a few... do you fish amacher down, or upriver? bill-bugs or bait? I'm at about 12 feet this morning and it's going up for a while . No fishing here for at least the next few days.

M

Mad dog

thanks for the welcome Mad dog........... I will at least try and save you a few... do you fish amacher down, or upriver? bill-bugs or bait? I'm at about 12 feet this morning and it's going up for a while . No fishing here for at least the next few days.

Ya, I fish all the above plus the main.

I'm with you....tired of high water! :(

D

Damon79

Just passing on a report I heard tonight.

Just passing on a report I heard tonight.

I am told there has been several very large fish caught in the Umpqua lately. Report came from a very reliable source, but did not say where they were caught, only that they were caught in the Umpqua.. Should be great fishing right now.. Tight lines.

C

Chedster

Water has been high and very dirty the last few days. Pretty slow from what I have seen

brandon4455

brandon4455

there have been an awful lot of very large fish coming in everywhere so far this year

R

Razz

Cold and REAL HIGH also the Rogue (gold Beach) LOTS of rain.Only 1/2" last night looking like a late season because of the river height's.

F

fredaevans

Cold and REAL HIGH also the Rogue (gold Beach) LOTS of rain.Only 1/2" last night looking like a late season because of the river height's.

I can believe Razz, I can believe. Here's the Rogue at Grants Pass and this wouldn't include water from the Applegate, Illinois, etc.

USGS Real-Time Water Data for USGS 14361500 ROGUE RIVER AT GRANTS PASS, OR

Update: Here's the Agness gage that would have all the upper inflow rivers. Look at the jump between one and the other.
http://waterdata.usgs.gov/usa/nwis/uv?14372300

Last edited:
L

LilCorky

From my reports Umpqua not putting out a lot of fish for the amount of effort !!!

R

rippin fish lips

From my reports Umpqua not putting out a lot of fish for the amount of effort !!!

Your wrong! Got several reports from customers at work about a lot of fish and big ones bein caught right now. Heard of one guy who boated 6 and a few others were catchin. river has been packed with boats.

Top Bottom