Umpqua Springer May 2012.jpg

T
Tacomasteelheader
There already there more than most people know

S
Steelyfishn
Tacomasteelheader said:
There already there more than most people know

Yeah the owner of Arlene's in Elkton showed me a nice pic and spoke a some others

E
eugene1
Whoa! I was gonna post "too early" this morning but I didn't have time. LOL. Hope there's a good run this year. Anyone know the water temp at Elkton or around there?

Good luck,

Last edited:
madasahab
madasahab
always wanted to try the Ump for springers. Unfortunately, I am bank bound. Is there any good real estate to be had? What methods? bobbers? spinners? drifting bait?

T
Tacomasteelheader
unfortunately there really is not that much ground to cover by bank only by boat because any bank spot worth a hoot is all private property. now your best bet might be behind elkton high school but the river is way to high for that needs to be (3-4.5) feet yeah that's really low i know, and its a tough place to fish in general because the fish are real spooky. but good success comes with trying new places i guess if you can find any. Boat is your best bet.

OH AND WATER TEMP I BELIEVE IS IN THE LOW 40's , if you really want to know i can ask my buddy again. but that was about a week or two ago

R
RunWithSasquatch
Give me a holler if you end up with an open seat Josh...:)

E
eugene1
That water temp sounds cold for people to have caught them already, but I guess some fish don't care about temps!

Best,

E
eugene1
You should check out Sawyers rapids RV park for banking it.

madasahab said:
always wanted to try the Ump for springers. Unfortunately, I am bank bound. Is there any good real estate to be had? What methods? bobbers? spinners? drifting bait?

T
Tacomasteelheader
eugene1 said:
That water temp sounds cold for people to have caught them already, but I guess some fish don't care about temps!

Best,

I'm thinking it was actually 48 degrees because my buddy was all " that temp reminds me of bass fishing" , then i laughed.

S
Steelyfishn
RunWithSasquatch said:
Give me a holler if you end up with an open seat Josh...:)

You know it. I am headed there tomorrow I will post a report.

E
eugene1
Good luck down there!

Steelyfishn said:
You know it. I am headed there tomorrow I will post a report.

madasahab
madasahab
eugene1 said:
You should check out Sawyers rapids RV park for banking it.

Thanks for the info. From what I have read, this is a good section of water. Are the numbers fishable yet or is it still a tad early? Is bank fishing lucrative? What technique? Ok, I'll stop interrogating you LOL...:shock:

E
eugene1
We used to fish it when the elkton gauge was 7 feet or less.

Y
YawBuddy
Water temp was 54 on Wednesday.

S
steelhead_stalkers
madasahab said:
Thanks for the info. From what I have read, this is a good section of water. Are the numbers fishable yet or is it still a tad early? Is bank fishing lucrative? What technique? Ok, I'll stop interrogating you LOL...:shock:

There are never fishable numbers! :lol: These are Springers we are talking about. I think the average rod hours per fish is like 50!

Some guides and other fisherman have it figured out pretty good though. :D