Umpqua River Fishing Reports

G
Gulfstream
splashed the drift boat at Sawyer's rapids at 10:30. Done by 1:30 with at least 50 to the boat Kept 2 for some pickling, the rest went back. Mostly small males, but we had a few good size hens Below the rapids .green and pink were the colors,. HAVE FUN!

Umpqua River Fishing Reports

Reactions: Peaceful and Admin
TheKnigit
TheKnigit

Umpqua River Fishing Report​

My buddy and I went out to the main Umpqua and did some smallmouth fishing last Saturday. We had ourselves one heck of a evening. We both tried a couple of different lures, and ended up settling on shad pattern rubber baits. We came home with these 3, but both of us ended up landing about 20 or so a in the hour and a half we were there. Hoping to make it out again this weekend a couple of times.

Umpqua River Fishing Report

Reactions: Mister Bisley, NKlamerus and C_Run
fish4food
fish4food
1 of the best trips i have ever had,Joe Mello is a top notch guide we hooked 10,landed 7,thanks again

Reactions: Aervax and Admin
G
Gulfstream

Umpqua River Fishing​

Got on the water around 9:30 after my buddy had to drop the kid off at school. Took a while to get on them ,but once we got located it was a pretty steady bite. 1 double .Some nice hens mixed in with a few SMALL males. Kept 3 for pickling and shad roe cooked in home cured bacon greasease.Have fun! Chartreuse was the hot color.

Umpqua River Fishing

Reactions: Admin
NKlamerus
NKlamerus
Fished about 12-5, I stopped counting at 40! Biggest one was maybe 2lbs though.

Didn't take a lot of photos, spent a lot of time practicing paddling through current.

Reactions: C_Run
TheKnigit
TheKnigit
A buddy and I made a trip out this last Sunday for an afternoon on the river. We lost count after about 20, and ended up keeping 5 around the 1 1/2 lbs mark. Rubber baits seemed to be the trick. I tried a couple of different worms, but the ticket seemed to be a rubber smelt/fry with a dark top and silver belly. I could see some pretty decent sized fish down in the bottom, but I could never get one of them to strike.

Reactions: Ikijime and Admin
TheKnigit
TheKnigit
Went out again yesterday evening. Only about a dozen or so this time using the same rig and ended up keeping 1. I remembered to take a picture this time.

Reactions: Aervax and Admin
Bo Peep
Bo Peep
We fished the Umpqua River yesterday we had two bites one at 19 the other at 24. luckily the one bite at 19 stuck and my daughter got her first Chinook salmon. The best part for me she got it with her great Grandpa 87 years old, my life long fishing buddy. Plug cut herring lime green fish flash 8 oz of weight right on the bottom. We saw one other fish netted, the fish checker said they only saw one other fish besides ours as of 1 pm.

Umpqua River Fishing Report

Umpqua River Fishing

• Love
Reactions: beavis, EOBOY, Markk and 1 other person
G
Gulfstream
Had a great float today with my buddy. Got my personal best, dark, but a big one. My fish came on bobber and jig, buddy got his on a side drift yarnie. Didn't see any other boats. He lost a nice one at the boat.

Have fun!

Reactions: rogerdodger, Admin, jamisonace and 1 other person
jamisonace
jamisonace
Wild fish in the main Umpqua don't get to go home so this one went back. Went over to the North to try for a keeper but caught two wild steelhead instead. Still no groceries.

This my earliest springer ever and my first Umpqua system springer so I was pretty stoked. She fell for a back trolled plug. Not huge, about 14lbs but really fresh and fiesty.

I was alone so crappy pic....again.

my first Umpqua system springer

• Wow
Reactions: Badfish, lurkingfisher, LazyBrewer and 3 others
G
Gulfstream
nice!

hobster
hobster
Well done!

C_Run
C_Run
Good job! ( I bought a pack of prawns yesterday.)

jamisonace
jamisonace
C_Run said:
Good job! ( I bought a pack of prawns yesterday.)
I've been thinking of going to Bandon to pump shrimp so I can run bait divers with shrimp and eggs.

troutdude
troutdude
Shiny! She would've tasted mighty fine; sans the catch n' release rule for nates.

Bo Peep
Bo Peep
Very cool nice looking fish.

bass
bass
Great job! That is a beautiful fish.

G
Gulfstream
Got OFF to a late start and didn't get to the river until about 10:45 Cloud cover saved us and the fish bit pretty much all day. Ended up with a nice box and lost quite a few [My buddy forgot the net] Quite a few large hens and about 20% small males. I think the run is about at its peak HAVE FUN!

IMG_6195.JPG IMG_6194.JPG

Reactions: Markk, Admin, my2labs and 1 other person
00Swede
00Swede
Nice. The run is just getting started up in the Columbia where I live. Looking forward to getting after them.

rogerdodger
rogerdodger
good action from a largely overlooked fishery...excellent.

Top Bottom