Umpqua River

G

greenhorn

New to Or. just arrived at Roseburg last night. I see the Umpqua Rv. outside and wondered if anyone could save me a little time by giving some advise on where to start fishing for Steelhead?

O

osmosis

if you can see it just wander over there and pick a nice looking riffle! I'm not familiar with the area well enough to reccomend parks, others will pitch in when they come across the thread.

A

ArcticAmoeba

The long riffle, west of Roseburg proper, accessible from Old Melrose Rd. is always a pretty good producer, where you can fish it from the bank. Also the section just west of the Stewart Park Bridge is pretty good, but can get ragin every so often, so be aware. Also fish every possible spot you can access around Elk Island. I have seen one or two legit, 15 pound, 35inch Steel come from the very topside of the island, almost every year. Granted those are Summers, but still the Winter returns are fairly good year to year. Pretty consistent winter fishery. Good luck man!

Troutski

Troutski

Umpqua....

Umpqua....

I am not sure about the regulations on what is open and what is closed...but if that section is open for angling, I don't believe you could go wrong. Very productive river in all species that call it home. Try going to the local department store ie; Bi-Mart and such - ask the guys in the fishing section; not necessarily the staff but the ones looking at tackle. Tight lines and enjoy the water...

Chuck

R

RIVERFISHER

whatever u do dont fish on bank if there is a lean too bye it.. the fisherman on that river that own thos even tho its not private property they just dont take lightly to it...really territorial bye those lean toos...just a bit of advice from past experiance at 2 or 3.....worst time was when he one guy said he would shoot me over a spot.. otherwise if u are not bye one of those u will be ok they are nice lol....

B

bankmaggot

Try Cleavland Rapids,downstream of the river forks park.They won't shoot you there!:lol::lol::lol:

H

Hawk

I've C&R smallmouth bass between Riddle & Myrtle creek................................:lol::lol::lol::lol:......................:cool:

Top Bottom