Umpqua River in Elkton

K
knucklehead 61
i got invited at the last minute to go fishing with a friend from eugene last sunday.
we went to elkton & fished for small mouth bass & something he called "pumpkin seeds" that looked like brightly colored perch type fish.
had a nice time, i cought about 20 fish total (all released) & when it got too hot to fish we jumped in for a swim.
the water was very low & very warm.
what a great day!

C
coyo7e
Hehe, good to know that things are still the same as they were when I was a kid and lived in Drain. Sliding the boat down the hill from the road, floating for smallies all day.. And tons of crawdads! :D

jamisonace
jamisonace
Can anyone suggest a float that a drift boat could make it through at low water?

rogerdodger
rogerdodger
jamisonace said:
Can anyone suggest a float that a drift boat could make it through at low water?

I think the Columbia still has enough water below Bonneville for drift boats...:D

jamisonace
jamisonace
rogerdodger said:
I think the Columbia still has enough water below Bonneville for drift boats...:D

I hear it's running too skinny for a drift boat up there. Haha

Hitting the river at Umpqua Landing tomorrow. We plan on eating fish tacos and crawdad tails tomorrow night.

T
TTFishon
PM sent

F
Fishermen Jim
jamisonace said:
Hitting the river at Umpqua Landing tomorrow. We plan on eating fish tacos and crawdad tails tomorrow night.

Any idea how's the current river condition? I am hearing that there is to much moss to fight through, and heavy fishing restrictions on the Umpqua currently. I was hoping to get down there this week some time.

E
eat, sleep, fish
Fishermen Jim said:
Any idea how's the current river condition? I am hearing that there is to much moss to fight through, and heavy fishing restrictions on the Umpqua currently. I was hoping to get down there this week some time.

Small mouth fishing has been good in the river, and a few salmon are being caught down in the bay and more just outside in the ocean. It's too warm for the salmon and steelhead to move upstream.

jamisonace
jamisonace
We did pretty good. Didn't notice too much moss.

Sent from my SCH-S968C using Tapatalk

F
Fishermen Jim
jamisonace said:
We did pretty good. Didn't notice too much moss.

Sent from my SCH-S968C using Tapatalk

I mean algae, but went to the Alsea and picked up a mess of crawfish.

2015-07-13 17.22.13.jpg

rogerdodger
rogerdodger
Fishermen Jim said:

excellent...

T
Throbbit _Shane
Fishermen Jim said:

YUM!

I just got back from the Umpqua, the moss/algae isn't bad yet.