Umpqua on Sunday

T
TimberTodd
I was able to get down to the coast and fish with my brother yesterday. We fished for shad till noon with no luck, then headed to Elkton for lunch. After eating we stopped and tossed senkos for smallies. We should have done that from the get go. In the next hour we banked 9 between 11"-13". Sorry no pics. I left the camera in the wife's car.

Chromatose
Chromatose
TimberTodd said:
Sorry no pics. I left the camera in the wife's car.

Thats your story and your sticking to it I take it?

Glad to read you got to get out there!

E
eugene1
Were you guys fishing for shad up at Yellow creek? Seems like that is a good spot.

Best,

T
TimberTodd
We were about the 11 mile mark after you take the Sutherlin exit off hwy 38. This was my first time fishing the Umpqua above Reedsport. There were a dozen of us scattered along the bank. We only saw 5 fish caught between 8:30 and noon. My brother said the water had dropped quite a bit since Friday when he fished it last.

T
TimberTodd
Chromatose said:
Thats your story and your sticking to it I take it?

Its the truth, the whole truth and nuttin but the truth:)

T
Throbbit _Shane
Ill probably be floating the S. Umpqua real soon around Roseburg. can't wait to get into some smallies! Nice report Todd.

E
eugene1
Sounds like you were there or pretty close at least. The shad seem to hang out above that rapid that's just downriver from the boat ramp. Some guys were catching springers in that section too.

Best,

TimberTodd said:
We were about the 11 mile mark after you take the Sutherlin exit off hwy 38. This was my first time fishing the Umpqua above Reedsport. There were a dozen of us scattered along the bank. We only saw 5 fish caught between 8:30 and noon. My brother said the water had dropped quite a bit since Friday when he fished it last.