Umpqua information???

J
Jig'n
Due to a big move, house construction, jig business, and now a newborn I haven’t been able to go fishing for quite some time (almost a year :(). Anyway, things are starting to wind down and I see a fishing trip coming in the near future. Being new to the Cottage Grove area I don’t know much about where to go. Just by reading a little info here and there I gathered that the Umpqua would be my best bet. Does anyone have any information on where to go, how to get there, etc. for the Umpqua?

If you don’t want to give out info on the public board, please feel free to PM me.

Thanks much
Jig’n

J
Jig'n
Nobody fishes the Umpqua?

J
Jacks Tackle
Give me a call any time and i will tell you anything you want to know about the Umpqua.

503-665-2257

RB

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
Archives = Brain Cramps

Archives = Brain Cramps

Jig'n said:
Nobody fishes the Umpqua?

Jig'n;
I tried to fish the mighty Umpqua last summer,did not turn out well at all. You can read all about it in the archives. The search feature can be your best bet at times. There is so much information in the archives that you may suffer brain cramps. Seriously,if you need info and have some time to spend that is the best place to start. It isn't that nobody fishes it, your post may not have been on page 1 long enough for many members to see it. When that happens,you can do just what you did to keep it up front or check out...yep,the archives.:dance:
I just bought a pontoon from a member in Glendale which is south of Cottage Grove. He has fished all over that area,maybe you could pm him for info. FishingNut has lots of stories and information. Remember to come back and let us know how you do and don't forget the pics.:D Be safe.
Barb

S
steelhead_stalkers
If you have a some extra money laying around you can get out on the water with Curtis from River Secrets Guide Service!! He knows the North Umpqua better than anyone then you could run the river yourself after that. He gets people into mid to upper teens steelhead almost daily!! Also there is good water up around colliding rivers and above!! Good luck!

J
Jig'n
Great, Thank you for the information! I had thought about a guide for my river initiation, it is a great way to learn the water, I was just unsure on who to hire.

Once again
Thanks
Jig'n

J
Jacks Tackle
I have heard a lot about curtis and really enjoyed the video he did with Steelhead Stalkers, but then again I like everything I have seen from steelhead stalkers as well. I may need to book a trip with curtis as I always head to the Umpqua when I can skip the shop for a couple of days.

I have spent the last few years with Dean Finnerty of Five Rivers Guide Service.

He has a permit for the fly water so we get to skate dries as well as spinner fish the lower system.

small125.jpg

This is one of the summer natives we got last August. They are awesome fish!

RB

J
joemomma
Got a guide for ya too! Raised right on the river, we slayed them on the North and south, fished two rivers in one day! Pm me for info if ya want it! I will be back for summers in a couple of months

J
Jacks Tackle
Joemomma,

go ahead and post it, I understand that is just fine on this board. Plus it is good for every one to see who it is so any interested parties are able to get in contact with said guide.

RB

S
steelhead_stalkers
Thanks for the compliment Rob!! We may have to take a trip up to the Sandy so you can show us how to work those spinners and spoons ;) and maybe get some video of it at the same time.

Curtis is a great guy and really loves the fish and what he does!! He might not be a young as all the other guides but he loves it more than anything else and it shows in how he works for your fish. Plus the run we were on was almost 17 miles long!! Talk about getting your moneys worth :D

J
Jacks Tackle
17 miles of rowing is a chore in itself. I am beat after running some of the upper sandy drift's.

What drift is that? We normally skate flies than fish colliding rivers to the gravel pit. That raps up a full day but I am gonna fish a lot of the North this summer as I am working on a lot of projects this year. Maybe we can do some umpua stuff in the summer. If you are wanting to do some Sandy stuff I can get you hooked up. If I am not available, Ive got some people who would love to show you some of the Sandy.

Either way, keep up the great vids. I am a fan!

RB

S
steelhead_stalkers
We took out just above Winchester so I'm not sure what the run was called but it was long. Not to many people run it though because of some tricky water!!

We are available to do the Umpqua or Sandy. Would love to give the spinners and spoons a good days work or whatever else the fish want!! ;)

M
MontanaMoose
Goin' upriver...

Goin' upriver...

I'll head up the North Umpqua from town here in an hour or so...anyone want to meet up, I'll watch the thread till I go out the door. I'll be up in the flywater and i drive a small yellow four door GM product plus if the sun stays out I'll be the one with the funny straw hat.

Cheers,

MontanaMoose