umpqua! any reports?

F
fishndad
im wanting to head up the umpqua for some early springers and even some smallie's! anyone fishing recently?

F
fishndad
anyone?

T
Troutcatcher
I went there and got skunked.

Troutski
Troutski
Steel...

Steel...

Water is still a bit chilly for the Smallies, but the Steelhead are in; my neighbor went on Thursday and picked up two Nats, and one Bow, just down stream from Elkton....hang in there the water will warm up soon...

Chuck

F
fishndad
i went today for smallies and got skunked hard! went from elkton all the way around to roseburg! thats a lot of river to cover and not even a look!

T
Thuggin4Life
My buddy caught a 2lb smallie when we were plunking for steelhead in febuary.

F
fishndad
Thuggin4Life said:
My buddy caught a 2lb smallie when we were plunking for steelhead in febuary.

lol, well they arent doin anything at the moment

H
Heavy Metal 1
3 of us fished for 6+ hours on Sunday...nuttin

F
fishndad
yeah thats what ive been hearing lately! nuttin lol it will get better soon!

B
Backcastwards
lots of NICE chinooks passing through the Winchester fish ladder. I'm also seeing a lot of boats in the river.
Gary

F
fishndad
yeah there is a lot of boats out thats for sure! one more week and im going to get some springers!

S
susqwahanna
Any word on the action up at the Rock Creek hole.They should be nailing the chinook there by now.

T
Thuggin4Life
fishndad said:
yeah there is a lot of boats out thats for sure! one more week and im going to get some springers!

They're Bangin em out down there. Someone caught a 47lb er 2 weeks ago near elkton.

Last edited:
F
fishndad
so what is the most productive rig on the umpqua? ill be bank fishing or on my pontoon but im curious what usualy works best there?

T
Thuggin4Life
fishndad said:
so what is the most productive rig on the umpqua? ill be bank fishing or on my pontoon but im curious what usualy works best there?

I plunk for winters down there but for springers I'm not sure. There are so many ways to fish for them. I here you can plunk for them but i have never done it and i think you would use a little heavier gear than i use for winter steelhead.

F
fishndad
Thuggin4Life said:
I plunk for winters down there but for springers I'm not sure. There are so many ways to fish for them. I here you can plunk for them but i have never done it and i think you would use a little heavier gear than i use for winter steelhead.

plunk? what is plunking lol?