Umpqua ablaze

N
nwkiller
Got some Xfactor tackle in the mail so I had to go use it. Went and drifted down the Umpqua with a buddy to target Smallmouth bass. Got there around 9 am, the sun was in full effect already. Got the boat loaded and shoved off....Using Xfactor "miracle worms" in the Florescent pink, bubblegum, and the natural worm.....we just slipped them on a 1/8 - 1/4 oz jig head and worked the seams and nooks and crannies. We started hooking fish left and right of all sizes....
2011-07-06_10-15-59_437.jpg
Sun fish as well were smacking the Xfactor baits, and I'm very sure that if a steely had been in range we would have got em.......
2011-07-06_13-43-54_94.jpg
The sun was Blazing down on us while the winds blew up river....we would row 50 ft and get blown back up river 60 ft....painful in the end but well worth it because it ment for twice the "hole" working....can i say that?.?.?......anyway, my buddy ended up landing to two nicer fish
2011-07-06_13-43-45_16.jpg
probably in the 2.5-3 pound range. When he got the fish back in the water, he sat down right on his rod and reel, snapping the reel arm that ties the rod and reel together.
My biggest was probably around 2-2.5 pounds which is still sweet to me.
2011-07-06_10-35-34_599.jpg
It was an awesome day we were guesstimating that we hooked around 150-175 fish between the two of us. we tryed some other plastics as well, non stop smashing all day seemed the the kinda day where a fish might nibble your finger if you jiggle it right!!! lol thanks Xfactor for an awesome product!

E
eat, sleep, fish
Looks like an awesome day on the water. I really need to get up there and give it a go.

J
jleepga
Nice looking fish. May I ask where you guys put in?

M
Mad dog
Nice!!! :clap:

Looks like some quality bass! :clap: The Main should be perfect over the next few weeks!

F
Finneus Polebender
Yep we need to get the OFF bassers together for a float ! Nice smallies NWK.

T
Throbbit _Shane
NIce fish guys!!

Finneus Polebender said:
Yep we need to get the OFF bassers together for a float ! Nice smallies NWK.

I'm down!

T
TTFishon
Always a great report dude! Nice fish!!!

N
nwkiller
thanks for the comments guys it was a blast....and we put in above elkton

X
XFactorTackle
I love that place...The Rogue is nice but I would swap it out for the Umpqua if I could.

Great pictures Chris, looks like you guys wasted no time getting those baits wet. Good job man.

N
nwkiller
got them wet a few hours after opening the box, those worms twitch so good can't wait to see what the crappie think of them, gonna go smash the smallies again here real soon