Ultralight travel spinning rod

Joffurson
Joffurson
I need help finding an ultralight spinning rod that is either telescopic or breaks down to a size I can reasonably carry in a backpack (2 feet or less). I go a lot of remote places for work, including places where I have access to areas the general public isn't allowed to go, and have missed out on a lot of good fishing opportunities due to not having a setup I can just throw in my bag before heading out. Trying to research a good rod for these purposes is nearly impossible with how search engine algorithms work these days. I've been looking for something for months now and just keep getting the same trash advertised at me everywhere I look. Any recommendations would be very appreciated.

nikita_pdx
nikita_pdx
Travel rods that are worth considering would be the St Croix Triumph travel and the Daiwa Presso Travel. I used to have a Presso travel and it was a decent rod for the price. It was light and sensitive enough for consideration. The st croix triumph it going to be a touch heavier and not as fast of an action, but cheaper. Both rods break down into 4 pieces.

If you want something that has better performance, the Japanese make a lot of high performing travel rods, especially for small streams. The Daiwa Silver Creek Stream Twitcher has 2 spinning models that are quite short, and are 4 piece, so you could prolly fit them in your pocket. Ultralight rods love to twist, and X45 effectively reduces this in this rod. V-joint prevents flat spots where it connects, and HVF will provide for a light crisp sensitive rod. The Daiwa Wise Stream is a similar but cheaper option between $210 and $280.

Another good well-rounded choice would be the Daiwa Presso ST. It has a 4-piece travel model. A friend of mine has one (2-piece) and it’s simply amazing. The 4-piece should be just as good.

Reactions: Admin and Joffurson
Joffurson
Joffurson
Sweet. I just ordered the Daiwa Presso ST 4 piece and can't wait to try it out. Thanks a lot for the recommendations and the prompt response. Hopefully I can get into some interesting fish or at least interesting situations with this thing in my bag!

Reactions: Admin
Fummus
Fummus
Might also suggest a Tenkara rod if you have any interest in fly fishing. Compact telescoping light weight simple to learn and a ton of fun imho.

Reactions: nikita_pdx