UFC question

C

capblack

so, does anybody want to bet how many seconds Dan Hardy will last against GSP? Seriously, thats the toughest competition you can find for him? Im saving my money for GSP vs. Anderson Silva?? maybe a catchweight fight. I can hope, but Im definitely not wasting my money on this one, Ill check the web about 5 minutes after it starts to see if Hardy even makes it out of the first round(I doubt it). Brian

B

BlackBass

Im a big GSP fan but you are out of your mind if you do not think Dan Hardy has more then a punchers chance. He is a top notch fighter who is explosive on many different levels. GSP is not the bad ass that BJ penn is with weight class taken into consideration. GSP has his hands full come the 26th of March. Your not a die hard fight fan if your gonna wait to see the results on the internet . Mir vs carwin sheesh great fight right there, with the interem heavy weight belt on the line. GSP vs anderson Silva ? Why do want to see your champion fighter get KTFO by equaly talented bigger competition. BJ VS GSP? Thats what I thought ,thats what happens when you fight bigger guys who are affective against your fighting style. KTFO

T

TTFishon

How about 4 rounds. That's just an uneducated guess. I'm a fan of GSP too but I don't know much about Hardy. I just hope it's a good fight!

C

capblack

I would be surprised to say the least if theres a third round. Dont get me wrong, Hardy is a good fighter, but him and GSP are in two TOTALLY different classes. BJ Penn might be better pound for pound, but all Im saying is the Penns, and St Pierres of the ufc are way ahead of the rest of the field, I mean after Hardy Ive heard that GSPs next fight may be Chael Sonnen, a local boy. Ive been very let down the last few times ive paid for the fights. If Im not a true fight fan because Im not going to pay my hard earned money to watch gsp kill hardy, then I guess Im not a true fight fan. I still want to see gsp and Silva in a catchweight fight. Somobody has to beat that big bada$$. Brian

B

BlackBass

Im lookig forward to that fight as well. Jones is one of the most athletic fighters to jump onto the scene in awhile. I think Vera will have his hands full with Jone's style of fighting , creative explosive and quick. Another great fight that we can see free on tv. You can see Versus out bid Spike for the new contract of UFC fights on Cable tv. Wonder how much that cost them .:)

M

Michael

I'm a big GSP fan, but I do agree with CapBlack. I don't think Hardy has much of a chance. His big thing is that GSP can't take a punch. . But he can.. I've seen him hit and bloodied. I was more worreid about John Fitch than Dan Hardy. Hardy's plan is to keep GSP standing and if can do that, then he has a punchers chance at victory. If it goes to the ground than he stands no chance against GSP, and GSP hasn't met anyone that he couldn't take down at will. And he's only getting bigger, faster, and more talented.

Unless another Serra fluke occurs, I see GSP retaining the title for a long long time.

M

Michael

I'm a big GSP fan, but I do agree with CapBlack. I don't think Hardy has much of a chance. His big thing is that GSP can't take a punch. . But he can.. I've seen him hit and bloodied. I was more worreid about John Fitch than Dan Hardy. Hardy's plan is to keep GSP standing and if can do that, then he has a punchers chance at victory. If it goes to the ground than he stands no chance against GSP, and GSP hasn't met anyone that he couldn't take down at will. And he's only getting bigger, faster, and more talented.

Unless another Serra fluke occurs, I see GSP retaining the title for a long long time.

Hardy loses via submission in the second round.

B

BlackBass

Im gonna go with Gonzaga and Vera for tonights fight's. I would not be surprised if jones takes the ufc by storm after beating Verra. I want the veteran to win , but never mind seeing new talent in the octagon.

T

TTFishon

I'd like to see Vera win too. I think he got shafted with his last fight. I do like Jon Jones though and I think one day he will be a top contender.

C

capblack

well I guess I was wrong about Hardy not making it to the third, but it doesn't look like Hardy was ever in the fight. If they stood up st. pierre probably would have knocked him out early, however there would have also been a chance of Hardy landing one, so gsp just took it to the ground where he had a sure thing, smart but not very entertaining. Like I said before, Im glad I didn't waste any money on it. just as a side note, Are Mir and Vera on the way out?? Brian

T

TTFishon

well I guess I was wrong about Hardy not making it to the third, but it doesn't look like Hardy was ever in the fight. If they stood up st. pierre probably would have knocked him out early, however there would have also been a chance of Hardy landing one, so gsp just took it to the ground where he had a sure thing, smart but not very entertaining. Like I said before, Im glad I didn't waste any money on it. just as a side note, Are Mir and Vera on the way out?? Brian

I'm glad I didn't waste my money either. Boring fight but GSP did what he does best. I'm wondering the same thing about Mir and Vera. I don't know what kind of damage Jone's elbow did to Vera but it looked like he gave up too easy to me and Mir well, he just stood there and got beat up. How about Diaz? He's improved since his last fight.

Top Bottom