ufc 124

C

capblack

for those of you that watched it, what did you think. id say it was worth the $45 just seeing kos get OWNED!!! i love it, but im a huge gsp fan. he is in another class all together than any one in his division. he will get dethroned sooner or later, but i dont see it happening any time soon. koscheck is a very good fighter, and he looked silly fighting gsp. id say he did better in the first fight, guess gsp is still getting better. as for the other fights, they were so so, nothing big. I think 125 will be a better card. leben, diaz, thiago silva, guida, vera, and edgar maynard title shot for the main event

T

Throbbit _Shane

Was some good fights tonight!! kinda wish gsp would of finished kos, though. I think GSP and Anderson silva need to fight at a catch weight.

C

capblack

gsp is not known as a finisher, but he sure is a punisher. gotta give kos props, he lasted 5 rnds and i didn't think he would make it out of the 2nd. as far as silva/gsp at any weight, i have mixed feelings. silva is SCARY, but im sure it will happen sooner or later. gsp may just be able to beat him after sonnen showed us what a wrestler can do to him. id like to see sonnen/silva again, but it sounds like he may be in some trouble with the testosterone levels

T

Throbbit _Shane

Sonnen got suspended for 6 months i think. im really looking forward to seeing Belfort fight Silva in february.

T

TTFishon

gsp is not known as a finisher, but he sure is a punisher. gotta give kos props, he lasted 5 rnds and i didn't think he would make it out of the 2nd. as far as silva/gsp at any weight, i have mixed feelings. silva is SCARY, but im sure it will happen sooner or later. gsp may just be able to beat him after sonnen showed us what a wrestler can do to him. id like to see sonnen/silva again, but it sounds like he may be in some trouble with the testosterone levels

Didn't Silva have a broken rib in that fight?

G

GMR

There have been talks of GSP moving up a class to take on Silva.. Although it would be a good fight..
I sorda hope he just stays in Welter Weight.

Now the upcoming fight between Forrest Griffin and Rich Franklin I want to see.

C

capblack

i like watching rich franklin fight anyone, hes a class act, just ran into a brick wall called anderson silva thats all.

C

capblack

i dont think gsp will move up a weight unless he wants the belt. i think a catch weight is more probable, so they are on neutral ground so to speak

Last edited:
G

GMR

GPS vs Shields is most likly the next challenge

C

capblack

GPS vs Shields is most likly the next challenge

see, theres no one at 170 that can challenge gsp. koscheck is as good as any at 170 except gsp. i mean the last round gsp lost was in ufc 74. that was a long time ago. the scary thing is gsp is still improving. good luck guys. on the other hand, no one thought sonnen would come close to beating silva. who knows, it will be interesting to see how long gsp holds the title, and who takes it.

G

GMR

I think your underestimating Jake Shields. I think that would be a tough fight.
There both really good at Game Plans.. Jake shields last fight wasn't all that, but that was his first time in the UFC.
He gave up a title to come over to UFC. And he is GOOD.
Would GSP be the favorite.. yes but it would be a good match.

If GSP fights Silva it will be most likly for the title. And GSP isn't sure he wants to make that move.
He said he would have to put on more weight. If he goes up.. Hes staying up meaning he will give up his Welterweight title.
He said he has no interest in going up and down because it takes to much of a toll.
So we will see.

C

capblack

im not uderestimating anyone, but you have to prove your skill in the ufc. lots of guys were supposed to be good until they came to the ufc. kos proved himself in the ufc, and as i said, hes as good as any of the 170 contenders. is shields good, yes, but so is kos, just not in gsps class. as far as gsp giving up his belt and going up to 185. are you smoking something. if he goes up it will be to try to get both belts. he has no reason to drop his title and try to get another.

G

GMR

im not uderestimating anyone, but you have to prove your skill in the ufc. lots of guys were supposed to be good until they came to the ufc. kos proved himself in the ufc, and as i said, hes as good as any of the 170 contenders. is shields good, yes, but so is kos, just not in gsps class. as far as gsp giving up his belt and going up to 185. are you smoking something. if he goes up it will be to try to get both belts. he has no reason to drop his title and try to get another.

Hey dont tell me im smoking something.. Thoughs were words from GSP's mouth.
Yesterday at the POST fight confrence he said if I go up I will stay UP.
He said he doesn't want to move up and down because he doesn't like what happens.
and some fighters have screwed themselfs doing that basicly. It takes a Toll on the body.
So get informed.. sorry but I wasn't just talking out of my ass.

Go to UFC.com and watch the Interview.

C

capblack

Hey dont tell me im smoking something.. Thoughs were words from GSP's mouth.
Yesterday at the POST fight confrence he said if I go up I will stay UP.
He said he doesn't want to move up and down because he doesn't like what happens.
and some fighters have screwed themselfs doing that basicly. It takes a Toll on the body.
So get informed.. sorry but I wasn't just talking out of my ass.

Go to UFC.com and watch the Interview.

ok i watched it, now im informed, and ill say it again, if you think he will give up his title and climb the ladder at 185 your crazy. when they fight, and it sounds like they will, it will be at 180. where in the interview did he say he will give up his title? he said the weight classes are too far apart for him to go up and down. even white is talking about 180, and thats what ive been saying all along, it makes no sense for gsp to go fight at 185.

G

GMR

Well current word from Dan White is next fight will be Jake Shields.
If they both win there next fights its possible.
So its still a ways out.

GSP has said he might go up if its right for him.
The catch weight is another possibilty but it still gives him the Weight issues.
Silva walks around at like 210 and thats a huge cut.
So who knows. we are still talking probaly 6 months out, and thats if both of them
win there next fights. They both got tough matches ahead..
After them.. yeah there not much left.

Jake Shields could beat him..

Top Bottom