Tying yarnies

rogerdodger
rogerdodger
Owner SSW or Side Drifting in size 1 or 2 is what I use. (BiMart usually has both of these.)

Fummus
Fummus
Cool! Thank you sir. I noticed the shorter hook shank in most of the video's I've watched, and some of the folks mentioned hook size but not style. Even saw some folks hand tying them with no hook, just spider thread or magic thread etc. Think I'll get some red colored hooks in size 2 to start. Kinda doubting hook color would make much difference to the fish, but looks good to me so why not?

rogerdodger
rogerdodger
Fummus said:
Cool! Thank you sir. I noticed the shorter hook shank in most of the video's I've watched, and some of the folks mentioned hook size but not style. Even saw some folks hand tying them with no hook, just spider thread or magic thread etc. Think I'll get some red colored hooks in size 2 to start. Kinda doubting hook color would make much difference to the fish, but looks good to me so why not?
Loose yarnies can be purchased/tied and then used just like a soft or hard bead. I use a large needle, push the leader through and slide them down to the top of the hook. You can also peg them just above the hook if that's what you like.

jamisonace
jamisonace
I was bored last month and filmed these videos for the forum but couldn't figure out how to upload. I finally put them on YouTube so I could just link here. My way is so quick and easy. I slowed it down for the video but I can knock these guys out with the leader and egg loop in about 45 seconds.

I did it in two videos to separate the egg loop tie from the yarn addition. Probably should have just done one video.

Anyway, hope this helps someone.

Reactions: Admin