Two Thumbs Up for Echo Fly Rods

S
Spydeyrch
A while back, I snapped my fly rod. It was a very sad day for me. :( It was an Echo Solo 5wt 9'0" 3 piece rod. I really enjoyed that rod.

Anywho, I was finally able to get up to Vancouver, where Rajeff Sports is located. The rod has a life-time warranty. I just needed to pay $35 for the warranty fee and they would take care of it. After giving them my rod, which the middle piece had snapped, they said it was un-repairable. I thought that they would just give me a new middle section for the rod and be done with it. But nope. They don't make 3 piece rods anymore. I thought I was going to be in trouble. :confused:

But they are AWESOME!! They said that because they don't make 3 piece rods anymore, they updated their designs and now make the same rod but with a 4 piece design. So, they said they were giving me a completely new, 2011 model of the same rod!! SWEET!!!! :shock::cool::D:dance:

I really enjoyed talking with them and their service was quick, personable, understanding, and overall very likable. I would recommend their products to any novice fly fisherman(woman) as I have had nothing but good experiences with them thus far.

I just wanted to let everyone know that I had a wonderful experience with them. :clap:

I am really excited to get out on the water again this saturday and try out the new rod!! :dance:

Take care everyone.

-Spydey

P.S. Oh, I forgot to mention that I had my two little ones with me. They were all over the place looking at the different pictures and rods and asking TONS of questions. The staff really were very receptive. They even gave my little ones free frisbees and stickers. You can never go wrong with stickers with the little ones!! hahahaha. :D

Last edited:
Reactions: eggs
C
ChezJfrey
Spydeyrch said:
You can never go wrong with stickers with the little ones!! hahahaha. :D

LOL! Ain't that the truth!

Glad the warranty experience with them went well for you...now get out there and catch some fish with the brand spankin' new rod! :)

P
ProfessorChromology
I love it when companies are awesome and take care of customers...even the little ones! Thanks for posting this!

S
Spydeyrch
ChezJfrey said:
LOL! Ain't that the truth!

Glad the warranty experience with them went well for you...now get out there and catch some fish with the brand spankin' new rod! :)

Oh .... I am ..... heheheheh. I already have a trip planned for this saturday. We are hiking in like 5 miles then fishing and it is going to be AWESOME!!!!

-Spydey

S
Spydeyrch
ProfessorChromology said:
I love it when companies are awesome and take care of customers...even the little ones! Thanks for posting this!

Yeah, I agree with you on that one. I was actaully amazed at the place. It is this little hole-in-the-wall office. They had like 5 desks, one of them being Tim Rajeff's (the president/CEO)!! As soon as you walk in, you are greeted and the desks are all right there. Behind them they have thier warehouse, pretty sweet stuff!!

It kind of reminded me of this in-door rock climbing gym that I used to go to a lot. It is called StoneWorks, here in Beaverton. Little hole-in-the-wall place but man, some of the best indoor bouldering around and just spectacular people in there.

-Spydey

troutdude
troutdude
Small local shops of all kinds make up the bulk of American business and enterprise. Case in point, Fenwick started in a garage...literally! (Thank you Ken Trisler and friends).

And not to hi-jack, but some of the very best restaurants and cafe's are the "hole in the wall" brand!

V
Van
Nice to hear a good story about your interaction with them. I have looked over their rods more than once and given a few wiggle tests. Talked to a sales rep in River City one day. They are certainly a brand to consider when i am rod shopping again. After hearing this, even more so.