Two more today

Y
Yogidabear
I found a new spot today, doing some exploring along a beautiful river. It looked so fishy I almost couldn't believe it. Third cast with mad river nightmare worm with white jig head zeppler down. Nice 27inch hen maybe 6 LBS with two nice skeins of eggs. :) . About a half hour later I decided to give my new 1141s loomis rod a try, It's a ultralight 4-8 1/16 t- 3/8 9.6 foot with a stradic c14 reel after using my float rod, it feet like a feather. Second cast with # 63 1/16 nightmare jig. It didn't go 5 feet and zeppler down again. This time a 8 to 9 lb buck with a little color put up a great fight. If you have never tried steelhead on ultralight gear it's a blast. 8lb main line with 6 lb leader. 5 minutes and in the net. I turned him loose as it was a little to colorful and I wanted another hen and to keep fishing.

263hgnc.jpg

25ugv7t.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: ChezJfrey
T
TimberTodd
Fantastic job.:dance::clap::dance::clap:

S
Scott M
Sounds and looks like a great day on the water!! Excellent!!

B
Bgunder
Nice fish those mad river nightmare worms seem to work pretty well I might have to get me some

R
rippin fish lips
Your killing it man!! Keep it up, doin better then most!

N
neverbackdown7
I swear you have the best float fishing hole in the state, nice!

C
ChezJfrey
Nice work...you are stompin' 'em!

P
plumb2fish
Wait til you get into an angry upper teens chromer on that 1141......I needed every bit of the 220 yrds of 8lb maxima hi via...even then probably would have been spoiled if it was for being in the boat....I did get a 15lb summer with mine from the bank...that was interesting to say the least......you have found your niche it seems with the jigs..keep up the great reports.

Casting Call
Casting Call
Excellante on the ultra lite.

A
alm21
Sounds like you're pretty fishy these days, sweet. No knocks but lately when I think of ultralight, I think about a Chinook on 4lb mainline and a trout net, haha... ThrobbitShane...

B
billfisher
Way to go, your into them this week. Fun times with the ultra! Keep it going!

J
jabs67
Nice.. Your slaying them!!!!!!! Keep it up!!! :cool:

N
need to fish
way to go you got the good stuff

M
Montana
Wow nice fish and well done. I got skunked this weekend but feeling good about next!