Turkey hunting

S
Steel4life
I got a turkey tag this year, and was wondering if anyone has any info on some places to scout within 45mins of Eugene. I have been to a few around fern ditch. But I don't really know what to look for. Any turkey calls that someone might recommend would be much appreciated. As would any other info to maybe what terrain they generally like to be around. This will be my first year turkey hunting. Most of the turkeys I see are on private land, and I just feel weird about walking up someone's drive way asking to hunt their land. Any input would be great. Thanks

jamisonace
jamisonace
Calls? My mom would yell gobble gobble from her porch and about 30 of them would come running for her bread.

That was in roseburg but they had them all netted by ODFW so we don't see them too often anymore.

Last edited:
S
Steel4life
From what I've seen on line that has one of the highest densities in Oregon. But I can't seem to find anywhere that says how much public land there is to hunt in that area. Any ideas?

jamisonace
jamisonace
I don't know. I'm not much of a hunter.

S
steelhead_slayer
ODFW has some good information about turkey hunting and turkey populations. A box call is a pretty easy and effective call. You can YouTube how to use it.