Tumble Lake???

M
Metz84
Tumble Lake is north of Detroit Lake and I was wondering if their was any good fishing here? :think::think:

Last edited:
J
JamesB
We tried to make it up there this past weekend for Father's Day and hit about 18 inches of snow on the road close to the trail. Sorry no report to share, but thought I'd give you a heads up re: the road.

M
Metz84
Yeah thanks for the heads up! Probably wont head up there till we have some nice weather, with how the weather has been it might be next year!

J
JeepsAreBuilt
I have been to tumble lake a few times, last time was a couple years ago. Its a beautiful lake, and there are fish to catch out there, I have not caught anything big there but just about 8-10" trout. The water is very clear and I used lures, and as I reel them in I can see the fish chasing after it.. it is pretty cool. I'd like to go back again soon.. the hike is 1.5 miles downhill from the trailhead above the lake. So, the hike is a work out, down hill and uphill. I'd like to hear more about what people are catching in this lake. It is 42 feet deep as I have heard.

J
JamesB
I made it to Tumble Lake yesterday. Fishing was very good, but all were small brook trout, but still a lot of fun. I stuck to using flies and lures and those were working great. And I agree with JeepsAreBuilt - that hike is a workout, especially on the way back.

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
Thanks for the report! I didn't even know about this lake til I saw this thread. Another one to add to the list. lol

M
Metz84
Nice thanks for the report. Im gonna check it out this week or next.:cool: