Trout Unlimited pontoon 7 ft!?

F
fishndad
i just bought the 7 ft trout unlimited pontoon, crap loads of storage! its the dole orange color, sits kinda high, would it be good for the river? any info and advice would be great. i took it out on the lake today it was pretty fun! ill get some pics up later.

N
ninja2010
good one... is that the backpacker?

Troutski
Troutski
Magic Carpet...

Magic Carpet...

They are very stable, at least mine is. I like sitting high off the water, it gives you a real advantage on seeing trouble ahead. Plus I feel like I have more upper body strength..row power. I also put a three inch padded seat with arm rest on my toon, so I even sit higher, much like being in a drift boat.

Chuck

F
fishndad
here it is! i paid 115.00 for it used it is dirty cause of the guy who used it but im cleaning it up
its pretty nice it has like 12 or so storage slots! i have an anchor for it as well

152gxed.jpg

F
fishndad
and yes there will be a ton of upgrades, i have a rod holder by fish on, i have to do some customizing to fit it, ill be putting a deck on it as well as a electric motor, fishfinder, etc! what do i need to do to fit a different seat on it?

Troutski
Troutski
Money$$$

Money$$$

Now you finely have some place to keep all your money during the rescission;) Because trust my by looking at your picture I must have spent 2 or 300 hundred dollars of you money right off the get go. What separates us from the Fish, is the ability to accessorize...:cool: Oh and by the way; great deal on that toon...you scored.:dance::clap:

Chuck

F
fishndad
Troutski said:
Now you finely have some place to keep all your money during the rescission;) Because trust my by looking at your picture I must have spent 2 or 300 hundred dollars of you money right off the get go. What separates us from the Fish, is the ability to accessorize...:cool: Oh and by the way; great deal on that toon...you scored.:dance::clap:

Chuck

thanks!

J
JeannaJigs
fishndad said:
and yes there will be a ton of upgrades, i have a rod holder by fish on, i have to do some customizing to fit it, ill be putting a deck on it as well as a electric motor, fishfinder, etc! what do i need to do to fit a different seat on it?

They sell cushioned plastic folding seats ( at Bi-mart), that have a swivel platform attachment...if you remove the OE seat, you should find that there are two bars with holes that will line up with the swivel thinger.

S
Silver Bullets
You'll like that toon...I have the trout unlimited 'Colorado". It's got 20 pockets...almost too many! One thing you might consider is to be legal with a elec. trolling motor on these is you will have to get hull numbers and have it registered. I used a piece of plexiglass to mount the id numbers and year sticker and just hang them on the rail. With a optima blue top battery I can go for 6-8 hours depending on the wind conditions. I've got a couple Scotty rod holders mounted, and a fishing buddy fishfinder mounted through a piece of PVC pipe. I'm considering a downrigger next. The model I have weighs a lot, so I fabricated a way of wheeling it down to the lake by welding a few things up to a wheel and putting it under the toon and lifting up by the footrests to roll it. Mine has a wire rack on the back, so I made a box to fit into that area to store the battery and tackle.

H
Hawk
U did Reel Good Bro......................:)

put Helium in the Pontoons & u will float 5 feet above the water....................................heeheeheehee...................................:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

j/k..............................:rolleyes:...:shock:

F
fishndad
JeannaJigs said:
They sell cushioned plastic folding seats ( at Bi-mart), that have a swivel platform attachment...if you remove the OE seat, you should find that there are two bars with holes that will line up with the swivel thinger.

great thanks!

F
fishndad
Silver Bullets said:
You'll like that toon...I have the trout unlimited 'Colorado". It's got 20 pockets...almost too many! One thing you might consider is to be legal with a elec. trolling motor on these is you will have to get hull numbers and have it registered. I used a piece of plexiglass to mount the id numbers and year sticker and just hang them on the rail. With a optima blue top battery I can go for 6-8 hours depending on the wind conditions. I've got a couple Scotty rod holders mounted, and a fishing buddy fishfinder mounted through a piece of PVC pipe. I'm considering a downrigger next. The model I have weighs a lot, so I fabricated a way of wheeling it down to the lake by welding a few things up to a wheel and putting it under the toon and lifting up by the footrests to roll it. Mine has a wire rack on the back, so I made a box to fit into that area to store the battery and tackle.

yours sounds pretty nice! how much did it cost to have it registered and the hull numbers?

N
ninja2010
the reg fee goes by the length of the hull... i believe it's something like $8/foot. i might be wrong, but that's ballpark to give you an idea.

F
fishndad
ok so the hull? would that be the length of the pontoon? so 7 ft? im new to this so any help is appreciated!

F
fishndad
ninja2010 said:
the reg fee goes by the length of the hull... i believe it's something like $8/foot. i might be wrong, but that's ballpark to give you an idea.

ok so its 3 dollers per ft! i checked it out on the dmv's page!

N
ninja2010
yeah, $3 per foot, so for your toon length, it's $21 for you. and if i remembered correctly, i paid joe's something like $25 for the reg service as well.

Troutski
Troutski
Two years...

Two years...

The registration is good for two years...not bad. Not bad at all..

Chuck

A
Anyfishisfine
ninja2010 said:

Yeah, it's crazy. It will cost as much for me to register my 17' canoe for an electric as it would a to register big-water craft. I would think a better system would be to tax capacity.

N
ninja2010
Anyfishisfine said:
Yeah, it's crazy. It will cost as much for me to register my 17' canoe for an electric as it would a to register big-water craft. I would think a better system would be to tax capacity.

i agree... and personally, i think inflatables with electric trolling motors should not even be required to register.

F
fishndad
ninja2010 said:
i agree... and personally, i think inflatables with electric trolling motors should not even be required to register.

i agree! but they need to make money some how.........:( its sad