Trout stocking has begun big time this week!

troutdude
troutdude
Here's a link to the ODFW trout stocking schedule. Be aware that the stockings can happen any day of the week. And due to bad weather, equipment malfunctions, etc. It is not a guarantee. And there is no longer any actual confirmations available.

https://myodfw.com/fishing/species/trout/stocking-schedule

Last edited by a moderator:
Irishrover
Irishrover
Let it snow a while longer, I need a bit more time to tie up more flies. I've been trying to restock my green wooly buggers and some small soft hackles. Going to cut back on the ocean days and spend a few more day relaxing trying to hook trout. Thanks for the link TD

Reactions: troutdude
troutdude
troutdude
You're very welcome. I've caught more trout on Woolly Buggers than anything else. With Teeny Nymphs and Fire Tiger pattern Rooster Tails in 2nd and 3rd place.

4labs
4labs
Waiting for Hills creek and Galesville to fill. The graphs still show them to be about 20% but don't know.
Watched a Jarrett Edwards show in Co casting Tamsin Devils in orange in 2 ft of water and slamming trout

C
CastingCall
Jay! I've caught more trout on several different sizes of the(San Juan worm). What say all of you? Tony

bass
bass
I would have to say a caddis pupa has been my best producer. I usually use a cast of 3 flies, caddis larva at end, caddis pupa on the first dropper and a stimulator on the top dropper, While the pupa catches the most of the three, the stimulator for a strike indicator and the larva as the weight both catch a lot of fish :)

troutdude
troutdude
CastingCall said:
Jay! I've caught more trout on several different sizes of the(San Juan worm). What say all of you? Tony

Hi Tony,

I've never tried San Juan Worms. But maybe I should? ha ha ha

Cheers, TD

Irishrover
Irishrover
It depends on where I'm fishing as to what works. At Lake Simtustus it's green wooly bugger with a soft hackle trailer. The Crooked for me it's prince nymphs or pheasant tail nymph. During the bug hatch on the Deschutes it dry fly time with a stimulator or similar fly. So many rivers so many flies.

The San Juan worm now there is a fly I can tie, and yes it can be effective.