Trout opener

B
bigsteel
curious where everyones first place will be when trout season opens?

T
TTFishon
Wickiup

M
Mike123
Springer fishing the Santiam and Willamette! :D haha..

Nah.. I will probably fish East Lake at least once. I still want to get into a trophy sized brown trout.

O
OnTheFly
A lot depends on the snow cover. Last years snow made it a late start. The first place last season for me was Pine Hollow and I had to approach it from Tygh Valley.

W
wormosa
hagg lake.... march 6th !!!!!!!!!

O
Outdrsmn
no where! its a mad house

T
Thuggin4Life
I might try to get up to wickiup early and set up camp but there are many options for me all year so opener isn't a big deal if I miss the carnival.

T
Throbbit _Shane
Id like to fish Diamond lake but dont know if it'll still be frozen, same goes with Hyatt and Howard Prarie.

W
wormosa
Throbbit _Shane said:
Id like to fish Diamond lake but dont know if it'll still be frozen, same goes with Hyatt and Howard Prarie.
is lake of the woods any good for fishing? i lived in medford 20 yrs ago but i never fished it, my buddy shot a bear up there while elk hunting....wish i had done it then..

T
Throbbit _Shane
You could probally ice fish lake of the woods right now. Im sure its good fishing espically if your camping there since you can fish 24 hrs at that lake. Iv heard there are some big browns in there along with kokes and rainbows. I havent fished there in probally 10 years or so, but ill make sure to camp there this year and let u know how the fishing is.

K
kfallscody
I'll be hitting Klamath Lake as soon as I pickup my boat next month.. since Klamath Lake is open year around for trout. :) Apart from that, trying to break in my new fly rig on the williamson when that opens in May :)

As far as lake of the woods goes, I have never fished it but am hoping to this year :). My dad caught a few decent trout out of it two years ago so here is hoping I get the same :)

W
wormosa
Throbbit _Shane said:
You could probally ice fish lake of the woods right now. Im sure its good fishing espically if your camping there since you can fish 24 hrs at that lake. Iv heard there are some big browns in there along with kokes and rainbows. I havent fished there in probally 10 years or so, but ill make sure to camp there this year and let u know how the fishing is.
ty bro

B
beaverfan
I'm sure I'll hit up Harriet a couple times and of course Olallie when it's reachable.

W
wormosa
beaverfan said:
I'm sure I'll hit up Harriet a couple times and of course Olallie when it's reachable.
how do the lunkers at olallie do over the winter do they survive?

B
beaverfan
Yup they do just fine.

Troutski
Troutski
Crane...

Crane...

Crane..without a doubt.

Chuck

G
GoneFishin2134
Mciver park/Estacada Lake most definitely!!

O
OnTheFly
Troutski said:
Crane..without a doubt.

Chuck

It just occurred to me; Crane with TWO RODS!!! :shock:

T
TTFishon
OnTheFly said:
It just occurred to me; Crane with TWO RODS!!! :shock:

Yee Haw! You can fish a worm on the bottom and fly fish at the same time!:dance:

I
Ideceivefish
My secret fishing hole near Sunriver. :)

If you PM me, I will share it.