Trout Near Portland????

T
twerpoe
I'm new to the area and was wondering where folks are catching trout within an hour of Portland?
I'll be heading somewhere on Saturday....no boat, so bank casting or river.
Also, I do not fly fish........use spinner reel and rod.
Any suggestions would be helpful!!

Hows Hagg this time of year??

Mike

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
Welcome twerpoe

Welcome twerpoe

twerpoe said:
I'm new to the area and was wondering where folks are catching trout within an hour of Portland?
I'll be heading somewhere on Saturday....no boat, so bank casting or river.
Also, I do not fly fish........use spinner reel and rod.
Any suggestions would be helpful!!

Hows Hagg this time of year??

Mike

Hi Mike,welcome to what I like to call the best fishing forum west of the Atlantic. I am down in Dallas, which is about 15 miles west of Salem, so I am not all that familiar with the Portland fishing holes. But there is a great many up there, I know. There is a bunch listed in the previous postings in this category. Just click on the heading and it will show you all the postings since the forum opened. It's like that with all of them. I hope this helps some. Where were you before moving to the Portland area, if you don't mind me asking? I know some of the local ponds were just stocked with "lunkers" last week and some of the fisherfolk here got some real fatties. Good luck with wherever you go and be safe.
Barb

C
chris61182
If you're on the west side of Portland I'd highly recommend the Wilson River, Hwy 6 follows it all the way to Tillmook, just pick a turn out anywhere along it and you should have a pretty good shot at some cutthroat trout. Though there are only 32 more days left in the season, rivers close Oct 31st. After that you'll be limited to lakes for your trout fix.

B
Boywhofishes
welcome to the forums, as for the trout i don't know except for the willamette :lol:

O
Obsessed
Mt Hood College Pond is being stocked this week and again the week of Oct 13th. Not the most serene place to fish but its easy catching after the stocking truck has been there.

A
ArcticAmoeba
The stockers ther do have a hay day if you can get to 'em the first few days. It does smell like poop there, at least in the Spring, and Summer, as some folks use it as a rest area... And the drop-outs that fish it occasionally get pretty rowdy, always on the bottle it seemed like last Summer, on property where alcohol is not allowed. I did get a few fish every time, but the poo poo stank-ness every time kind of turned me off. Most local lakes should be getting stocked at least one more time befoer it gets mighty cold.

F
FishSchooler
Boywhofishes said:
welcome to the forums, as for the trout i don't know except for the willamette :lol:

We dont have any trout in the willamette down here in portland, the water is just too dirty for trout.