trout limits?

S
slingosusie
Hey Friends,
Just another stupid question.I've looked everywhere and can't find my answer.I know we can catch 5 trout but,what about the BIG TROUT
limit?I'm really not stupid,I just don't want to get in trouble.So
please help,with some answers.
thanks again
Slingosusie

L
lizardman
If you are on a lake the big trout are just that trout (unless the lake has special regulations and then it will tell you at what size the big trout are classified as steelhead).

If you are on a river or stream look at your special regulations for that body of water and it will tell you trout limits and at what length trout are considered steelhead (for example Ten Mile creek in the Northwest zone has a catch limit of two trout and a size of anything over 15 inches as being classified as steelhead).

Dave

T
troutmasta
I dont know?

I dont know?

I dont know about that. Most lakes have a limit of one trout over 20" and it does count as one of your five.

C
chris61182
troutmasta said:
I dont know about that. Most lakes have a limit of one trout over 20" and it does count as one of your five.

It's a zone wide regulation, not just lakes, in both the Northwest and Willamette zones. I don't know about the others though.

M
m_vang
i believe it is 5 fish, with a 20+" being counted as one of those fish; with 2 days worth of limit in possession. streams often have special regulations pertaining to native (non hatchery based) fish. you'll have to check specific zone restrictions in the regulations.