Trout In Commonwealth Today!

M
Moe
Just got back from commenwealth Lake and caught my limit of trout ranging from 10-16 inches. I guesse they stocked it yeserday. There was no rain but there was a little wind, and the wind always ruins a day for me:(.

B
beaverfan
Yup it was a quick 20 min limit for me too! After tomorrow it'll be time to smoke some trout! I must say ODFW is doing a much better job on there stockers. Much healthier fish than last year, bigger too! I didn't catch any under 8 inches and got one that was about 14 or so. All were caught on #3 spinners. Actually ended up catching 8 but 3 were a little too small to be worth keeping. I'll be out there tomorrow most of the day probably. With one rod I'm gonna target some of them Carp and with the other I'm gonna be fly fishing! If anyone stops by I'll be out there in my Beavers sweatshirt.

Last edited:
B
beaverfan
Well I slept in a little later than I planned to, I'm heading out there now. Should be fun!

B
beaverfan
Been here about three hours. I've got like 25 so far. Make that 27! I've fished just about evry method I could think of. Everything seems to be working. Mt:eek:odRider get your kid over here its been hot hot hot

M
mthoodrider
beaverfan said:
Been here about three hours. I've got like 25 so far. Make that 27! I've fished just about evry method I could think of. Everything seems to be working. Mt:eek:odRider get your kid over here its been hot hot hot

For sure!! Putting my gear right now in the car, hopefully I can get off work tomorrow early enough to make it there in a decent time. Any suggestions on good spots to fish from?

M
Moe
Use the dock closest to the playground, or the bank rite in frount of the playground, thats were they dumped them and they are all still there. I will be at there and Bethany pond everyday during spring break. Can't wait!
Tight Lines!!
PS, use powereggs and green powerbait, whatever you use it has to be green!!

L
Left Bank
Right on. This is just a 5 minute ride from my place. I'll see everyone there tomorrow!!!

B
beaverfan
Moe said:
Use the dock closest to the playground, or the bank rite in frount of the playground, thats were they dumped them and they are all still there. I will be at there and Bethany pond everyday during spring break. Can't wait!
Tight Lines!!
PS, use powereggs and green powerbait, whatever you use it has to be green!!

I got 35+ fish from the other end, the one with hardly any people. The fish are everywhere in there. I only use a foot of leader tops, since the average depth is less than 4 feet. The deepest spot by the damn is just over six. I've been fishing this pond for years.

L
Left Bank
Good advise Beverfan and Moe. I got some free time tomorrow morning. I have to bail @ noon. Stop by and say hi if you're there. I'll be the taller guy with the grey cap and blue hoodie.

M
Moe
Hey beaverfan, did you have any luck fly fishing there, if you did, what fly did you use? Also, where did you cach all the fish with your spinner? And yesterday were you at commonwealth? I think I might have met you, were you the guy that offered me to borrow their pliers?

B
beaverfan
I completely spaced the whole fly rod thing today. Forgot to even bring it. I have done well there using a wooly bugger with one of those torpedo bobbers and my spinning rod. Not a very good fly fisherman but someday I will be. I've caught all my fish at the end of the lake with very few anglers. (east side) The pond is so small that there isn't really any bad spots. Actually the worst spots I've found fishing wise have been from the docks. I always do well elsewhere. I'll probably go out there again tomorrow to enjoy the weather and this time I'm not forgeting my fly rod.

B
beaverfan
I was there first thing this morning with the fly rod. Got 10 or 11 with a wooly bugger, all were released. Then the people started showing up and it made the whole fly fishing thing a little tough, having to stop constantly when someone was walking by was a pain. I'll stick to my spinning rod from here on out. I'll probably go back out there for a bit this afternoon, got nothing better to do.

W
Wake.Adrian
My husband and I are OFF new-comers (relatively noob fishers, also :p) and heading out there now. We'll have our 3-year-old boy with us, also. :) Anyone can feel free to say hi if you'd like!

W
wake.joe
On our way to Commonwealth! Woot!

P
perfectg03
Have Fun! I was just out there during my lunch break and limited out in 15 mins. Good luck!

J
JKham
I'm off work at 5 then I am going to grab my gear and head there. I hope there's still plenty to catch!

M
Moe
I may head out there in a little, but not sure. Hope to see ya'l there.

W
wake.joe
Spent three hours, not even a bite.

Fished both ends of the lake, tried fishing from the bottom with a weight, and from the top with a floater.

Green powerbait, green corkies with scent, one green corky with powerbait on the hook...

Not a thing.

B
beaverfan
You shoulda switched up the colors, I usually switch colors every 20 min until I find what there looking for. I got 27 today, started hot and then slowed down as the day went on.

J
JKham
I got there late yesterday because of traffic and work. The sun was setting when I got my first cast out and I only got about 1.5hrs of fishing time. The first 30 mins I got nothing then it started heating up as it got darker. I was out by the soccer field and play structure. I got 4 trouts last night but they were all tiny, maybe 8 inchers tops. I released all. I was using chartuse powerbait. I might go back today or hit up Bethany pond since its 3mins from my house.