Trout fishing

W
wormosa
i am not going to be able to make it until hagg opens up in feb. or march, i need a lake that is in either these counties lol.... yamhill,marion, or washington and i would like to use my boat as well... any help would be good.. thank you

C
chris61182
The only thing I can think of might be Barney reservoir if it's still accessible after it starts snowing.

Other than that if you're really jonesing for trout and the boat is a must it might be worth the trek all the way over to Detroit.

W
wormosa
chris61182 said:
The only thing I can think of might be Barney reservoir if it's still accessible after it starts snowing.

Other than that if you're really jonesing for trout and the boat is a must it might be worth the trek all the way over to Detroit.
where is barney lol, detroit is such a long drive... i am feeling like a methhead ( not really one) who needs a hit lol

C
chris61182
wormosa said:
where is barney lol, detroit is such a long drive... i am feeling like a methhead ( not really one) who needs a hit lol

The biggest problem I've had in getting to Barney is that it's surrounded by Weyerhauser land and they gate the roads.
Google Maps - Barney Reservoir

T
The Nothing
There are a lot of other places open out there... Most lakes are open year round including the following:
Clear Lake (Linn Co)
most of the mountain lakes Cascade Lakes, select lakes in the Willamette National Forest Portion (Lane Co.); Blue, Corner, Lower Eddeeleo, Upper Eddeeleo, Goose, Heart, Upper Horse, Linton, Nash, Penn, Porky, Upper Salmon, Separation, Spring and Timpanogas (Douglas Co.)
Salish Ponds
Long Tom River (C&R)
Leaburg Lake (sometimes you can use bait, sometimes you can't, see regs)
St Louis Ponds (park road is closed, but you can hike in)
Pamelia Lake
Round Lake

and much more. just check out the regs

btw, 2010 regs are out and Hagg reopens March 5 2010

W
wormosa
The Nothing said:
There are a lot of other places open out there... Most lakes are open year round including the following:
Clear Lake (Linn Co)
most of the mountain lakes Cascade Lakes, select lakes in the Willamette National Forest Portion (Lane Co.); Blue, Corner, Lower Eddeeleo, Upper Eddeeleo, Goose, Heart, Upper Horse, Linton, Nash, Penn, Porky, Upper Salmon, Separation, Spring and Timpanogas (Douglas Co.)
Salish Ponds
Long Tom River (C&R)
Leaburg Lake (sometimes you can use bait, sometimes you can't, see regs)
St Louis Ponds (park road is closed, but you can hike in)
Pamelia Lake
Round Lake

and much more. just check out the regs

ty for the info that i have recieved... i appreciate it, is catch and release always available?

C
chris61182
The Nothing said:

Is the pdf version available yet, if so do you have the link handy?